gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreams of Glass

I finally finished the commission that's kept me away for the last month, I had no idea how hard it would be, or how long it would take, as they aren't technically difficult, but I can honestly say, they have done.... my.... head.... in.

Also due to a misunderstanding I'm left with 3 sets. The original commission was for 75 beads, then I was asked to make 2 matching spacer beads for each colour bead, I thought she meant, on top of the 75 but no...she meant instead of, so I was to knock off some rainbow beads to make the spacers, ( she says through gritted teeth). Then she saw some of my big hole beads and asked for 14 of them, again I thought on top of, but no...  so I made up 5 sets but she just wanted 2 in the end, but I did get paid the price that was agreed.

I'm over it now and have learnt, GET IT IN WRITING, also on the plus side, I finally have something to sell on my site and some dosh to spend and she loves them  ;D

p.s I got a "B" in my first assignment  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ingrid                         
xx

Kaz

Been busier than I thought this week so a few new ones from me!
Lots of big whoppers

I was really pleased with this one (it's pretty big and made on a 5mm mandrel!):

About as Christmassy as I am likely to get (the big one is huuuuuge and just did it for fun!)

Oh no - back to antique clear yet again - I can't seem to leave that glass alone

The first of these sets I was really pleased with - and keep thinking whether I should etch them...the second are Kugler with Triton. SIS and transparent amethyst

And finally (Esther!), here are some sets and some oddments - my friend's daughter requested beads for Christmas and so I have made some, amassed a few orphans and have bought some empty bead boxes from John Lewis which I have filled with blue and green beads and findings from my own stash!

Phew!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

turnedlight

let me know if you can see these.. they are for my mum for xmas, so I'm hiding them as private on flickr - my first venture into pmc for a long while!

kathryn

Les

They're lush Kieara !!!

Just a couple from me...

I am the eternal goth... who says that bats are just for halloween :D

Maikki

Beautiful beads everyone!

I have not posted pics in ages, thought I have made beads. The pic taking is the problem... No light, no pictures. This one have scanned. Seems to work. The bead is made from CIM, so I´ll post this to CIM competition thread too, sorry.

Maija-Leena

Chameleon

Love the red and black Keiara
Les, that bat rocks and i love the felt and lampwork
Well done with the flowers Pat
great layered / overlay look you got with the shards Julie
Maija Leena thats a lovely wispy effect you have from the twistie in that bead

I have been making xmas decorations to keep me sane amongst the other stuff  ;D ;D it has blue goldstone in it so its all sparkly

Deesigned Beads

I have another pitcher to show!

Chameleon, love the decorations! 
Maikki, lovely bead.  Love the dots!
Lush, just love the batik beads!  I am also totally addicted to it right now, lol
Pat, nat orchid!
Les, neat bookmark, I like the different materials used.  And that bat is so cute!
Whishing wells, real neat beads!

Have a wonderful week!
Diana
Diana
www.deesignedbeads.blogspot.com

turnedlight

Lovely bead one here, gorgeous icicle! And that jug looks amazing! I love it!

A friend wanted me to do her heart core beads, harder than they look as you have to make sure the heart is heavier at the bottom, without making the whole thing too big. I also got the gold leaf for xmas (early pressie!) and I love it on the amber! The blue ones are now cored, ready to go in the shop soon..

kathryn

Josephine

Some lovely work here. Kathryn I always love your beads. Great pitcher. I had a go at icicles Becky, they were no where near as nice as yours. Love those raspberry frit crunches, and your felt and glass Les.

Here is a set from me using Val Cox's method from her book Frit and two of her blends. Also, photographed using Dickies fab instructions from the Wiki. I had to dig out the instructions for my camera and the tripod but I think it was worth it.

sublimekate

Really lovely work, the pitcher is great for showing off your beads Diana, and Les the felt work rocks  ;)
Well I've had a play, and here's Mojo

Wearing her myself for now, hopefully she'll keep the force with me  ;D

A couple of other focal beads I'm pleased with.

This one is entirely Dark Ivory, Pale Aqua and Reichenbach Ocean......wasn't expecting this!! And it's Uber shiny.

Same Glass used here with a bit of DH and some silver wire.

dinah46

ooh lots of lovely beads :D  but my favourite has to be the gorgeous icicle Becky, i love it :)

Here's my favourite frit of the moment, Sam's silver dragons candy

Chameleon

Diane they are gorgeous !!

I have a little something (scarily PINK) to share, totally inspired by Sarah Hornicks 12 Favorite Colour Combinations

(scuse the naff pic it is really overcast and dull here !)

Chameleon

Quote from: Sarah on December 19, 2008, 12:17:50 AM
Excuse me but did Becky just make a PINK bead  ??? ??? ???

I need a lie down........

But its lovely  ;D

hehe and even more scary I have since used rubino again  :o :o

both of these are thanks to the fab tutorial from Aardvark art glass and I had great fun making them, literally giggling to myself while i did them  ;D

Lovely beads Laurie, those footprints are so cute and I love the pansies

Maikki

The flower is simply beautiful, Pat! Fishes are so cute too. I think I should make a few fishes too after looong break. Anyone fancy a fish swap?

A bead from me. This one is not CiM, but Efftre I think.

Maija-Leena