gallery archive 08

Started by beads-on-toast, January 01, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turquoise

Oh wow lots of yummy beads on here, those fish are great and the ones with the footprints are totally yumtastic.

Here is what I made the other weekend.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

XX

www.morellobeads.co.uk

Chameleon

We dont appear to have a S&T for this week so I thought I'd start, rather predictably ..I have a phish

navarre

A thread on another forum prompted me to get the camera out - Here's a couple of beads from me.

The Bare bead

And now all dressed up

Kaz

The phish and the dotty beads (especially the pendant) are fab!
Here's a few from me from earlier in the week

Bumpies

Kugler rich red glass with wraps of SIS and Triton reduced made with the Zooziis kalera

Kugler rich red glass again with SIS, ivory and Triton

Dotties

Chartreuse frit dipped and wrapped in clear

Some lentil sets (Kugler with transparent and SIS)

There are more but I have not yet fully got to grips with my new camera and tripod......
Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Chameleon

Ok, I think we did this last year (?) and given the great S&T's there have been showcasing some gorgeous work this year lets see your very favorite best beads or piece of work you made from 2008  ;D

I am going to hog slightly to start as I couldnt totally decide (sorry)

and I think the Aardvark tutorial fishes have to get a mention as the most fun beads I have made in 2008 !!

So come on, what is your favorite thing you made in 2008

flowerjasper

two recent ones for me,
faux boro and little birds,

piggies made me smile  :D

sandy

June

Beautiful goddess, Becky and I love this little fishes you are doing now.  Sandy, that bracelet is gorgeous and those piggies fab! 

One of my favourite pieces was a bracelet I made with my etched pansy beads

Shirley

What a great thread.

I've got to have my treasure bracelet (105 lampies!)

This set

The jewellery I made for my sister's wedding

And a jellyfish bead. Not because it is great, but because I learnt so much from making it :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Bumpy Beads

Beautiful pieces everyone! This is a great idea for a thread. I rather liked my Blueberry Jam beads;

and learning to encase has opened a whole new world of possibilities;

Heather

My Etsy Shop

Vicki

Quote from: julieHB on January 03, 2009, 08:57:41 PM
Becky, Sandy, June and Shirley: what a total stunning gallery of eye candy already!! Love it!!!

what Julie said....all lovely stuff ;D

I know I don't show & tell often enough, I should have a go with this one  ;) 
sorry for the hog

& a bracelet

Sarah

Fabulous thread and some gorgeous beadies everyone  :) I remember that goddess Becky and the piggies are just too cute Sandy  ;D

I'm a bit fond of these.....
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/flameforcefive/3000694012/" ></a>    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/flameforcefive/2212518219/" ></a>

Oh and one of my fishies because they are so much fun to make :)

Sarah
xxx

Ilona

Gosh there are some lovely eye candy on here :)

I loved these beads that I made into a bracelet. My sister picked this bracelet out and moved it to her corner of the display cabinet ::) So she recieved it for Christmas.

This was another favourite, again my sis got this one.

turnedlight

Very lovely work on here! :)
I really enjoyed trying new things in 2008, I got my minor torch and my shed so I could finally sit down to make beads! I love making the rainbows, and they always go so quickly..

I also learnt off mandrel hearts, this is my favourite..

I really enjoyed holding a little naming competition, Roy was the winner of this bead, and he made a beautiful necklace with it..

And I was quite proud of this set, using DH silver colours and getting some wispy effects..

Hope I can remember what to do, I haven't torched much for a few weeks! ;D
kathryn

Kaz

This thread is brilliant!

I think I was most proud of these

But this whole process (and the discovery of antique clear!) was a defining moment for me this year

From this

To this

To this

I am really looking forward to pushing the boundaries in 2009 and trying to continue to create my own style.

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

dinah46

Some of these beads are like old friends that you haven't visited for a while aren't they :)

Still loving the blueberry beads and I remember the goddess becky, I think she was the one that spurred me on during the goddess swap :D

Oooh and all the others as well ;D

I think these are my own favourite beads (pardon the hog ::)) not because I think they're brilliant beads but because they kinda marked some 'ah that's the way to do it' moments on my beadmaking journey