MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - October

Started by Krysia@No98, October 05, 2013, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place at the start of **November** Last entries before midnight of the last day of October so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

A reminder that the entries should be new work.

So, the colours for the month for October 2013 Eggplant (this will be CiM 511655)  I just LOVE this colour

Come on let's see your creations!

Good luck!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

katherinem

Oooo! Love eggplant.

Hmmm, will have to get my thinking cap on...

Trudi

DementedMagpie

Yesss! I was just thinking about how I should play with that stuff more...
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Jane C ♫

Ooh - haven't got any of that ... might have to place an order! (oh dear ...  ;))
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

helbels

Here are some simple and unspectacular beads I made yesterday.

Eggplant with mica powder, with dichroic stringer (which doesn't really show up) with Z99 frit and with triton dots.
IMG_0083 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

cbeadies

Niki Gough

Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Nammie

They are stunning Helen. I WAS being good and not buying glass just so as I could join in here, but now I've seen how lovely those are I'm seriously tempted.... perhaps if I get my gas issues sorted before the end of the month.

jeannette

Quote from: Nammie on October 06, 2013, 08:22:48 PM
perhaps if I get my gas issues sorted before the end of the month.

Sorry - made me smile  ::) 

I may have to buy some glass to participate as well. I just checked my starter pack and I'm not lucky enough to have any of this in it

Lovely Helen, BTW!

Nammie

Not THAT kind of gas!  :)

Although, it'd be an cheaper alternative....I wonder if there's a conversion kit.....

JaySpangles

Helen those are a lovely colour.  I'll have to root through my stash now I can see it properly to see if I have an odd rod.

StevesGems

We love those beads, Jen loves purples.

Jane C ♫

Have ordered some Eggplant, so will be making soon! :)
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

DementedMagpie

I've made a focal (it's about 4cm long); not sure what I'll do with it yet.

It only became that colour (in the middle) after it came out of the kiln (I anneal from cold). When it was first made, it was much darker, almost a dark brown. Is that normal?
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook