MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - October

Started by Krysia@No98, October 05, 2013, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblue

Love those beads Helen and Demented Magpie that focal is very pretty too :) I dont think I have any eggplant but off to check and see .

lantana

Rachel ,they are a lovely deep purple, mine seem to lighten in the kiln, so not having much success.

Skyblue

Glassy Lou

Apologies for the crappy photo - it's barely been daylight here today. These are eggplant and cardamomm.
Some of them have cracked though, strangely just at the eggplant end... grrr

DSCN6589 by GlassyLou, on Flickr

helbels

Lovely beads - agree that Rachel's got a lovely purple from her Eggplant.  Mine always seems to be a bit brownish.  Not sure I particularly like this colour, having used it again for this challenge.

DementedMagpie

Lovely! I can't get that colour for some reason, mine ends up rather more... pink? maroon? definitely not purple enough.
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Jane C ♫

I mixed the aubergine with pastel yellow.

The middle one has a bit of red enamel (I think) and a bit of periwinkle too.

The more I worked it, the more it seemed to break up - the two on the left were worked quite cold, while the two on the right were longer and hotter.

I rather like the textures I got out of it - could get more interested in this colour ...  :)
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Purple Cobwebs

This is one of my favourite colours, being as I adore anything purple!!!!!!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

MyPrecious

Oooh! Lovely purple beads! ;D

I never usually use this colour because it cracks when encased but I will try and come up with a non encased idea for the challenge...
Kathy

My website

Niki Gough

Wow Kathy what a lovely focal
Rachel the colour you got on those beads is gorgeous
Lou, really like that colour combination shame it cracked :(
Lovely beads Jane and agree what lovely texture
Gaynor they are lovely and purple is my favourite as well :)
Kathy, thanks for the heads up as I am hoping to do this one but didn't realise it didn't like encasing!
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Jane C ♫

MyPrecious - good to know - was going to try some fancier ones ... thanks!
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

MyPrecious

Last time I used it was a few years ago, so maybe the newer batches are better. I will make a floral with it to try again.
Kathy

My website

cbeadies

Lots of lovely beads so far!
I tried this with some teal and ochre decoration, it's a curious glass somehow, almost has a 'curdled' look at times. The teal seems to react with it and the yellow looks darker than I was expecting. The eggplant looks a rather different shade at the ends of the beads than on the decorated area.