Join me in a 40 bead challenge?

Started by JaySpangles, September 17, 2013, 11:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

This is the 2nd set of beads

And a better picture of the first set

The strand so far

Trudi

Fabulous beads everyone .. this thread is really inspiring me!!

Here's my stage 3 beads

40 bead challenge stage 3 by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

I will post a picture later with them all together!

Yellow friend

Next two batches from me

Having had a closer look at the photographs the last 4 look a bit redder I think because these were from a new rod.  I think it may be Light Red which got mixed up with my batch of Carrot Red - should I remake these in Carrot Red or see it as a lesson in looking a bit closer next time  :(
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Dragonfire Glass

My coral is quite orange which is disappointing.

1-12 by Dragonfire Glass, on Flickr

Yellow friend

I've now completed all 40 & think I'll call it my Blood & Mud Collection - can't think why I chose these colours!!

:)Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Moira HFG

jeannette

I can't see CarolB's (?).

I made 2 more and gave myself 3rd degree burns and burnt a hole in the mat...still I like the half and half idea - lovely inspiration (thank you).

Day 3 by Jeannette Copeland, on Flickr

MadelineBunyan

ok, time to post some of mine!
started off well...

my first four are still my favourite. even with the stray wrong coloured dots on bead no.3.
sadly I think I've regressed as I've gone along! over half way now though!

I put a post on my blog (link in sig) with more pictures

helbels

Here's my latest 8 (at the front- sorry not the best pic of the two on the left).   Up to 32, 8 more to go.

IMG_0086 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

MadelineBunyan

Thanks everyone
wow you're racing on Helen! and they look fab!

I have another 6, taking me to 28, still don't like them as much as my first four, but seeing potential for other things in that 2nd one along (where I can use more colours and my rake!)

more pics on my blog. I need to put them on a string now, I'm running out of skewer and they don't easily fit in the camera frame anymore!

Kalorlo

Dots 18-23 from the weekend. The last bead got bigger because I was originally planning on having small surface dots, then changed my mind (and the first one was the only Saturday bead and is smaller).

Nicknack

Here are my first 6 (first on right).  Sorry about the photo, it makes them look all dark and grotty!  I seem to be having trouble with sizing!!!!!!!!  The first two were part of a colour test.  In future I'll keep the on that's nearest to the right size in front of me, and hope that helps with getting the size more consistent.  The biggest one just grew and grew, as I tried to get the two halves equal.

IMG_0377 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

I can only improve!

Nick

anfrank

They look really lovely Nick, dots are really round and clear - unlike mine which are a bit fuzzy and wonky but I'm looking forward to seeing how my last ones will compare - if I ever get there!  Have tried to upload photo of my first 6 but not really sure if it will work as it all sounds a bit complicated (hope it doesn't come our really massive :o).  Will have to re-do bead three as it is bumpy rather than flat but thought I'd leave it on the skewer for now!

helbels

Yay!  I'm finally finished!   I have really enjoyed this challenge, although have to admit I'm kind of sick of looking at these two colours now.   I have learnt that:

1) I generally prefer simpler patterns to more complex ones.
2) Sometimes abstract is good

My sizing definitely got more consistent as I went along too.

Here's a shot showing the final 8 beads at the front:

IMG_0090 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

And another shot of the final strand:

IMG_0091 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Moira HFG

My next few:

40 beads 24 to 28 by sleepychamaeleon, on Flickr

I've been trying to copy some of the clever patterns I've seen on this thread, but with the smeary nature of these glasses and my less-than-accurate dot work, you'd never know it to see these!

Still..I like the reduction on the last one  :)