Join me in a 40 bead challenge?

Started by JaySpangles, September 17, 2013, 11:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moira HFG

I thought I'd try something different to my usual sludgy organics and vivid colours. So here's my first 6, in cool sophisticated white, light grey, and Reich Pink Lady:

40 beads two 1 to 6 again by sleepychamaeleon, on Flickr

Ha! Somehow they still look kind of organic. I don't think I have cool and sophisticated fingers!  :D

Moira

flowerjasper

fab beads everyone,
heres my first 13

gem acorns 006 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
sandy

anfrank

Am a bit embarrassed to show my effort after seeing the beads posted so far but here they are - and despite their faults I am v pleased to have got to the end at least. :D (although I might cheat and re-do the one bumpy one which was before I read the rules properly!)  The last beads are in the middle.

Dragonfire Glass

Finished mine  :)
What did I learn?
I can't count either but there are actually 40 beads despite me thinking I'd made more.
There were certain patterns I could do precisely and others I was hopeless at.
I need to think ahead to how much extra glass I'm putting on to keep the sizes even, but then if I'm making a set of just one design it really doesn't matter  :D
I tended to make more beads with sky blue as the base.

Dragonfire Glass

Hope I'm in the right place now - note to self, read!

These are my last 4 beads.

37-40 by Dragonfire Glass, on Flickr

DragonArtGlass

At last - pictures to upload! (hope this works)

40 bead challenge 1-9 by dragonartglass@btinternet.com, on Flickr
Beads one to nine
and

40 bead challenge 1-21 by dragonartglass@btinternet.com, on Flickr
beads one to twenty one.
Not really happy with some of them....already learned that less is more, and really need to work on sizing - but it's a learning experience  ::)

helbels

Hello all,

I am still plugging away with my 40 Bead Challenge Part 2 strand... my first 16 or so were very consistent in size, then I stopped for a week. The next few I made were too small, then they got a bit too big!  Still finding it much harder making patterns on round beads as opposed to donuts.  These are also very chunky beads so they are taking me a while!

Here's the latest picture of the strand:
IMG_0148 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Nammie

Still loving seeing everyone's beads, there are fantastic sets appearing and each new pic gives me a nudge towards the torch.

I have been a bit lax, not so much in the torching but in the posting pics department - So here are numbers 13 to 21 which have been finished a while now

13 to 21 by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr

and as part of the set so far...

1 to 21 straight by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr

The 'stars' on number 18 didn't quite work the way I had in mind, that'll teach me to plan things! I think my sizing might be getting more consistent...maybe...

Moira HFG

Here's a few more of mine:

6 resting on a stained glass piece i have on the go -

40 beads two 7 to 12 by sleepychamaeleon, on Flickr

and the next 6:

40 beads 13 to 18 by sleepychamaeleon, on Flickr

That last one (the dragonscales on the left) I have to say I'm very pleased with. I'm still a long way from the talent and expertise shown by the top artists on this site - but I'm starting to feel I'm moving from 'beginner' to 'improver'!

Keep at it, you newbies, if I can do it, anyone can!  ;D

Moira

Jenefer

Janet said it's not too late, so I'm excited to join in.

Here are my first six. The glass is bullseye: cobalt and periwinkle.

I'm not sure why but the periwinkle sometimes breaks up a bit. May be extra heatwork does it? Will be paying better attention on the next batch to see if I can suss it!

Wheeee! Having fun!

=) Jenefer

Jenefer

And here's my next six.

(flipped upside down so the smile is right up)

I so liked the smiley one that after I was done with this set of 6, I tried making some in other colors. It's interesting trying to find colors that completely mask the dot colour underneath.

Spent some time yesterday reading the first 20 pages in this thread, and wow, what inspiration I found!!! I'm off to do another set!   ;D

Wheeeeee!

Jenefer

And here are 13-22. Colors are Bullseye periwinkle and cobalt blue.

I got a bit carried away on ole number 19, because I was using up the stub of a rod. Oops!

I'm over the halfway mark!  Whoohooo!

helbels

Just updating to show my latest 5 (at the front)... I have 9 to go now, very glad, as I'm finding it harder and harder as I go along!

IMG_0567 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Sarah

Nammie & Jenefer - I love both of your colour combinations. I might have to hit my bullseye stash once I've finished these - the colours really pop!

I'm working my way through these very slowly and I've been even slower at taking photos. But here are 1 - 32 so only 8 to go! 1 is in the middle and 32 is top right.

I suspect that they are rather more organic than Heather had in mind but I can't help making the ivory curdle - I think it's in my genes....

Sarahxxx

Sarah

Finally! by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Better late than never I guess. I finished these yesterday. They are effetre dark periwinkle & effetre dark ivory. The reaction means that masking is "different" as neat edges are only real possible with one layer of dots. But I had fun using heat to get different effects and some cool masking effects. My sizing still needs some work - there are a couple of whoppers in there.

Number one is in the middle and number 40 bottom left as you look at the screen.

Sarah
xxx