Join me in a 40 bead challenge?

Started by JaySpangles, September 17, 2013, 11:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glassy Lou

My second batch of seven. Not sure why I'm doing them in batches of seven - it doesn't even go into 40!

DSCN6523 by GlassyLou, on Flickr

These are a fair bit smaller/skinnier than the first lot. I'm finding it hard to stop with the dots once I quit working on challenge beads and move onto other stuff. Still enjoying it though.

helbels

Here are my latest 8 beads (numbers 17 - 24) from me - they are the ones at the front.

IMG_0074 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Yellow friend

Had a couple more sessions - the last one has shown a slight regression in sizing!

Also having looked at others - there's so many designs I hadn't even thought of :)

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

marklaird

Set one, produced over the last two weekends. I must admit I'm not getting as much torch time as I would like at the moment but I suspect we all say that.

40 bead challenge set 1 by Marklaird, on Flickr

There are some lovely designs on every bodies beads. Going to have to start writing some ideas.

AnnaSpanna

Here are 11-17.... it is so difficult knowing what the heck is going on under the reactions with these two colours and so dot placement gets a bit haphazard to say the least! Bu they def look better and sharper once they are out of the kiln!

40 bead Challenge (11-17) by Rain Lily Beads, on Flickr

Nammie

OK, I have made a start! I had a little practise then got going with beads 1-5...

1 to 5 by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr

Using Effetre Purple Red and Dark Ivory (and its a lot darker red in real life than on my screen, sort of 'deep knife wound' rather than 'fresh cut finger'). I had a little break and then did beads 6-8...

6 to 8 by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr
..and my gas ran out! So I am stuck for a bit now. It gives me time to reflect on what I've done so far - Must work on consistent sizing! and I'm getting some very 'hairy' dots, I think its just because I haven't found the best place in the flame to cut the stringer properly but all advice/suggestions are welcome.

I'm really enjoying seeing what everyone is producing and all the different colour combos. Its also great to be able to join in with something with the experts despite only having had my torch a few days.

jeannette

Erm, I'm a bit late - I've plumped for light red and yellow pastel.
(Not mine on the far left!)

Day 1 by Jeannette Copeland, on Flickr

Kimster

Well next lot done! Not sure about photobucket pic, when I resize it looks like the pic is completely cropped! Must read instructions again...
Here goes.

Very difficult to keep things neat & tight with such soupy soft spready reactive colours! Will do a 'Things I am learning (lots!)' list tomorrow  :D :D

Kimster

Next 10 coming up hopefully. These were my favourite to make, but huge variety of sizes! The whole lot are noticeably bigger than sets 1 & 2, which stupidly I didn't have in front of me when I was making them.

Kalorlo

I'm doing the LE thread - Jay said I could post them here too, so here's my latest. Beads 12-16 and the whole lot so far.

My colours are ASK silver cinnamon and Effetre black.

Nammie

Had a bit of a rush of blood to the head yesterday, decided I'd swim a couple of kilometres when exercise is really not my thing. Still came home and needed to melt something though... Here are beads 9 to 12, I think I'm getting more consistent on sizes...

9 to 12 by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr
and all together so far

1-12 by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr
That's a bit fuzzy but no doubt you'll get to see the set again when I complete a few more.

Thank you for everyone who advised on dots, I think I was a bit more controlled this time, not quite so many loose strands of glass :)

binty

k00m

Wow, you've all been busy. Gorgeous work everyone!

I've managed to make another 4. At this rate it's going to be next year before I finish!
This time I learnt that I find it much easier to make small dots and add more glass to them before melting in, rather than trying to do big dots straight away.

Here's beads 5-8:

Beads 5-8 by Beadasaur, on Flickr

and the whole lot so far:

Beads 1-8 by Beadasaur, on Flickr
- Kerra -

Kaylee

I finally got started... I decided to go for CiM Fremen and Grape Ape.  I haven't looked through the thread yet to see everyone else's beads, I thought it might be good to try to do mine first before looking  ::)

My first 8 beads...

40 Bead Challenge part 1 by VickyK135, on Flickr

And the second set of 8 which I like a bit better:

40 Bead Challenge Part 2 by VickyK135, on Flickr

24 beads to go!

jeannette

Lovely beads everyone, really clever - bit of a learning curve for me!
Session 1 (left set) and session 2 to the right.

Untitled by Jeannette Copeland, on Flickr