MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - June

Started by Krysia@No98, June 02, 2013, 12:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbeadies

Light ivory and lots of blues - I made this knotted summer necklace this morning.  :)

//

Purple Cobwebs

Sp many lovely entries already! I can see that this is going to be a popular challenge!

I played with dark ivory and shards yesterday, and made a focal and some matching beads.

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

helbels

Those are lovely Gaynor!

I have two items for you.  The first is a bead set with Triton:

IMG_0006 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

And the second a large lentil with Hades webbing:

IMG_0015 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Skyblue

I love that effect with the Hades webbing :)

Aruala

My first challenge entry - I love ivory :)

Kalorlo

Helen: love the triton beads.

These are all dark ivory.

I've decided I really like Gaia. Shame I only have 1 rod at the moment! Beautiful deep green-blue. Then there are Elektra shards over dark ivory pillows. I wasn't expecting them to come out like this and really like it!

Finally, these are all a wrap of silver glass over dark ivory.

Notable: Boreas is on the right - reduces really fast and look what it did to the ivory!
R to L: Boreas, TAG blue realm, Gaia, Ossa, TAG deep purple, TAG Zeus, Notos.
I collectively called them Riverways.

Glassy Lou

Apologies for the cruddy photo. I just snapped this on my phone before it was nicked by my pug-loving other half. He's ivory (the pug, not my other half).

Pug by GlassyLou, on Flickr

Lou x

Madam Steph

Love the pug.
I've been wanting to make one for my grandson who has had a pug puppy for a few months now

Linda x

marklaird

Just a few beads from me. Not been on the torch much recently due to other pressures.

Ivory glass beads and Gold Coast frit by Marklaird, on Flickr

These are ivory glass with val cox Gold Coast Frit. I love the way that the Frit reacts with the glass to give deep blue and turquoise colours.

Mark

Skyblue

Light Ivory focal with an old knotty tree on it :)

DementedMagpie

Mark, you have demonstrated that the "don't put anything over ivory, it will look rubbish" rule does not hold for everything! Love those blue colours and reaction lines.

Speaking of exceptions to rules, brown is not among my favourite colours, and I dislike beige really quite a lot. So why do I love Dark Ivory so much? And one of my favourite glass combinations is ivory with transparent browns. I suppose it's that caramel-and-cream look.

Anyway, I made these last weekend; they are intended as a necklace component:

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

Blue Box Studio

I had a commission to make some 3mm holed beads containing ivory for a necklace and bracelet - and got a bit carried away!  I have a few left over  ::)

Ivory 3mm by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr     

Ivory 3mm by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr

Have decided I really do not like (my current batch of) turquoise with ivory.  Fortunately my customer did.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

The Tartan Trout

There doesn't seem to be very many beads that I don't use ivory in at the moment. So no excuse to do post this month. But I will resist filling the page and show just this one.

P5309631 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

Skyblue

Stunning beads Sarah love the colours :)