MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - May

Started by Krysia@No98, May 06, 2013, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of **June** so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of May to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for May 2012 is Things you find in the Garden.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Skyblue

Barnacle Bay

I have plenty of cat poo lurking in my garden, and thats what my creation might end up looking like  ;D

Kaz

A bit uninventive but here are some floral beads that I silver cored on Friday!

IMG_1689 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_1681 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Krysia@No98

I love the feeling of depth those have  ;D
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Ciel

Here is a collection of my dahlia beads:

Skyblue

Well ive not seen one in my garden for a while but I decided to make a little froggy bead, hes not perfect but neither is my garden :)Not a good piccy either :(

Ilona

I have lots of these in my garden

GaysieMay

I made this glass pansy brooch to go on one of my daughters 18th century costumes (I think they're 18th century - Portrait of a Lady)

Pinks 001 by GaysieMay, on Flickr

You can see the costume on fb page www.facebook.com/gaysiemay
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Nicknack

I have LOTS of these in my garden!

P5227670 by nicknack2014, on Flickr
These were fun to make, but I need (desperately) to work on the eye stalks!  I just noticed that the middle one has lost one of his eyes, sorry.  I think the righthand one with Carribean Sea is the most successful, but I'm learning :)

Nick

GaysieMay

Cute cute snails (the glass ones I mean not the real ones!)  ;D
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

Nicknack

Quote from: GaysieMay on May 22, 2013, 08:47:31 PM
Cute cute snails (the glass ones I mean not the real ones!)  ;D

Thank you!  I hate the real things - if they get into my greenhouse they eat my orchids, and it's always the really nice one that's just coming into flower! >:(

Nick

GaysieMay

They are a nuisance, but I have a fondness for them - we used to race them when we were kids!  (I do mean against other snails of course! ;D
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

Nicknack

Kalorlo

I was planning to do something else but am out of time, so here's the rose I made this month. I might have another little flowery bead if I get the photo edited soon enough.

The Caribbean Sea snail is looking good!