Can you identify the colours of these beauties?

Started by sam9769, March 30, 2013, 09:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam9769

Hi,

I bought these beads because I love the colour combination and was wondering if you know what colours have been used?

There are so many different shades of colours and also I have to factor in the different makes of glass that I am totally confused ???

Can you please help?

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/123626991

Thank you,

Sam.

Shirley

Very pretty beads. The words Vetrofond odds keep jumping into my head, but I could well be wrong. I would guess at Gaia for the blueygreen silver glass.

Have you asked the maker if she will tell you?
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Pauline

Possibly effected coral, dark chocolate and apricot yellow for starters.  Are you going to flame off? if so take the beads and compare.  I guarantee everyone near you will try to help!!!

spexy

Pauline

Corinne Lacy

Oo I might be wrong but doesn't this lampworker use boro glass?? And I know nothing about boro....no doubt someone else will know!!

Corinne

Redhotsal

Don't think these are borosilicate. It looks like Effetre Coral. There is quite a lot of difference in batches of Coral. In fact - some of the corals that they get in the States are lovely and we don't get them here. There was one batch of Coral which turned out to be a lovely orange and was sold as "tequila sunrise" for a while. Coral gets my vote as it's nice and opaque.

Krysia@No98

yup Corel, light red, dark brown, red brown...pastel yellow, possible some middle red in there two juding on the bleeding and I have no idea what the bluey one is.  She does make fantastic beads.

What I recommend is that you make some spacer beads in every colour of glass that you own (label them!) and this will help you when trying to figure out what colours other people are using

Make more then one and etch one of them.  some colours just ping when they are etched.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Calico Cat

I think the bluish colour might be a silver glass -looks as if the surface has a metallic sheen and, if you enlarge the pic, there's a lot of reaction around the dots.

If you are coming to FO, please bring them with you - they are very pretty and we'd all have a great time playing "match the glass"  ;D

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

sam9769

Hi Guys,

I'll bring them with me to the FO!!

Sam ;D

Redhotsal

Actually, looking again at the picture that bluey-green colour might be copper green, as there's no fuming around the colours which would suggest that it is a normal glass rather than a silver glass. Also, copper green does go that type of shiny in the kiln.

Krysia@No98

hummm....  I'm going to get out a rod of copper green to play with this afternoon....
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-