Etching dots

Started by bellag13, April 11, 2013, 09:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellag13

Hi
Can someone tell me how to get perfect round dots in etching
I have read that to stop a area from beening etched with the fluid, you can use nail vanish,but I can't see how I would get a nice round with this. ?

Lynnybobs

You could try using one of those paper re-inforcers - like a white plastic thing that you stick around punched paper  holes to stop them tearing in a ring binder. Stick it on and paint the nail varnish over the hole, pel off and you should have a nice round circle.
Lynnybobs
----x----

lampworklover

I have done it with PVA glue and it worked well; use the sort with a fine nozzle (I used Anita's, which is cheap to boot).

GaysieMay

If you coat the end of a pencil that has a rubber on it, then dab it on the bead you get a lovely round or something similar try paint brushes for smaller dots etc.  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Pandanimal

What if you want it the other way around? a shiny bead with etched dots?
I guess you could put little dot stickers on, coat in nail varnish or similar and pull off the stickers then etch? would that work? 

bellag13

Thanks for the tips
I've got PVA with a very fine nossle so will definitely try it with the other ideas x

cbeadies

I read on here that the Zephyr clear doesn't etch, so on transparents maybe it would work if you made dots of Zephyr and melted them in. Then when the bead was etched those dots would remain shiny ? I haven't tried it myself though.

Trudi

Quote from: cbeadies on April 11, 2013, 04:31:51 PM
I read on here that the Zephyr clear doesn't etch, so on transparents maybe it would work if you made dots of Zephyr and melted them in. Then when the bead was etched those dots would remain shiny ? I haven't tried it myself though.

Or cirrus .... It will etch eventually, but not in the normal etching time x

bellag13

that sounds a good idea
Oo should have asked this before the Flame off, I could have got some there