finished jewellery 2013

Started by nuttybeader, January 06, 2013, 07:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttybeader

043 by nuttybeader, on Flickr

I even made this using some of my first beads.  Not been at all crafty recently. 

Nick

Quite pleased with this

DSC_7345

mizgeorge

A couple of recent commissions. The first one was for a very special lady on her wedding anniversary

very special commission by mizgeorge, on Flickr

And this one I commissioned from myself as a gift for my mother. Birthstones for her husband, daughters and grandchildren - round cabs on smooth bangles for the girls, and faceted gems on hammered for the boys.

stack bangle set with family birthstones by mizgeorge, on Flickr

marklaird

I have finally got round to finishing a chain mail necklace that I started months ago.

Chain mail necklace in silver with sapphire coloured beads by Marklaird, on Flickr

It must have taken me about 10 hours in total opening and closing about 350 4mm jump rings. Veryleased with the canal result.

Mark

Kaz

I sat last weekend and made all the beads for this necklace from a limited palette.

IMG_0379 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

nemeton

And also having a few problems with fingers at the moment so stringing is easier than my usual seed beading with the little tiny things  ::)

This isn't actually lampies but it is a selection of Tan's fabulous ceramics. The pendant is reversible to that lovely spotty blue. I'm keeping this one for me  ;D

These beads by Caroline Hannon have been in my stash for ever... still can't decide whether the warm colour in that frit is pink or brown but it goes well with copper either way

These three Whistler Lampwork beads were some of the first lampies I ever bought and I can't understand why it took me years to use them - added a bit of sparkly sunstone and some rhodonite (at least I think I mean rhodonite unless I'm getting my mineral names mixed up) and copper

Some gorgeous lavender/blue colour changing glass beads by Special Kay, with George's classy bead caps and ear wires by Dilunah - I do love mixing my makers  ;D

Some Vicki Honeywill orphans with faceted pearls, marble and hematite

and last but not least two sets of Tan's little fritty etched tabs that said they all wanted to play together to make something beachy and tropical  ;D

There still seem to be a LOT of lampies in my storage box... and thanks to you lot and your gorgeous gallery threads, I've just bought some more... I am a hopeless case  ::)
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

Purple Cobwebs

I decidedto use up some orphans to make a necklace and some earrings to go out in last night!

The white beads are made from glow in the dark glass!!!!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Purple Cobwebs

I was given a broken necklace and an old bracelet. After cleaning up the beads I teamed them with some red crystals and some seedies to make this...

And this was made from some awful acrylic beads that I won!!!! They don't look too bad teamed with plain black beads!!!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

marklaird

I got a request last week from a colleague at work for a teal and turquoise necklace, with some silver bits. So, keeping it simple, this was the result.

Teal and turquoise necklace by Marklaird, on Flickr

The client seemed to like the initial photo ideas, and I kept it within her budget, so tomorrow I get to see whether she likes the finished article.

All the beads are made by hand, still can't get the hand of these roller dangles things so really pleased with the consistency and shape of the glass.

Mark

mizgeorge

I have finally sent poor Tina her raffle prize - I'd faffed around with this for far too long, but only last week found some stones I was happy with for the charm. I was astonished how much harder it is to flush set a tiny (1.7mm) ruby than the big stones I'm used to dealing with. I think I need a chat with my optician!!

Tina - I'm so sorry - and I hope you like it!

think pink by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Being a complete masochist, I will be making more :)

mizgeorge

Thank you! I took a closer shot of the charm, because I was so pleased with this version :)

think pink by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Quote from: SilverGems89 on February 06, 2013, 09:05:43 PM
Stunning George, any chance you might make these with different/custom charms?

Of course there is ;)

nete

Just thought I'd show you this. I'll be listing soon on My website. It is chain maille filled with seed beads. With My lampies of course.

nemeton

Still trying to stick to my 'make a thing a day' challenge for 2013, haven't missed a day so far although yesterdays's thing got done at five to midnight...

It's a fabulous Marlene Minhas lentil from my lovely lovely GBUK prize stash from the year before last, with one of George's genius lentilcap sets and a Sowzere silk ribbon that matches the glass much better than it seems to in the photo  :)

And the day before yesterday's thing was a little pair of earrings with some funky Tan beads I've had for ages - love the bumps on these, they look like little pairs of beady eyes  :)

No idea when I'm going to get today's thing made or what it'll be  ::)
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

Kaz

I made these hollows in Oz requested by my friend Sally and inspired by the Kerry Bogert book Rustic Wrappings - but it has taken me a while to work out how to make a necklace from them (previous attempts were too fussy!). It's Sal's birthday next month - so here is the finished item (along with co-ordinating birthday cardi!). This was a lot of beads. I strung them on leather to cope with the weight/bulk and used this amazing silver clasp which was a gift from George. I have to say I am rather pleased with it....whether I can muster up the energy to ever make another is a different matter

IMG_0645 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_0643 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_0642 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lush!

I took my rather large boxful of new cabochons to George's house yesterday, and she taught me how to set a cab to make an amazingly gorgeous ring or pendant.

Carousel Rings by LushLampwork, on Flickr

Actually George made the ring in the foreground and I made the red one behind.

Carousel Pendant by LushLampwork, on Flickr

I've been shying away from doing this for so long, but now I'm really pleased I've done it - and I've spent quite a lot of money this morning, getting all the stuff together to do it myself at home  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com