Alien Pathology & Parasite Specimens

Started by Steampunkglass, March 06, 2012, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

I've been playing with this idea for a while now, but now shown any of what I've done, but they are all based on me watching way too many 'B' movies and images I've seen from electron microscopes of bugs and beasties. They are quite big, and I'm probably going to pop them into shadow boxes to display them as though they are scientific specimens that have been caught on an alien world and preserved. I've popped in a couple of close ups to show the scale.

All of which shows I either spend too much time thinking, watching dubious tv films, or I need to go to the docs for some sane pills!  :P :D :D :D

suzielaws

Wow they are just amazing, they would look fantastic dispalyed as you said on a wall stunning love them.

garishglobes

Oooooooh, I just love them!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep watching those dubious films  ;D ;D

Margram

They are fantastic (literally!) and that's my nightmare set up for tonight! ;D
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

julieHB

I totally believe they are scary alien specimens!!! Brilliant!! ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Margram on March 06, 2012, 08:49:13 PM
and that's my nightmare set up for tonight! ;D
Excellent! Glad I can be disturbing as well as disturbed!  :D :D :D I've had living nightmares as I've been trying to make them, OH walked into room as I dropped one while making it, and just turned around and walked straight out again!

binty

jammie

Well I had to click on that title!  :o Love them. :D

mizgeorge

Kaz

Fantastic work Glenn - as always ;D
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Zeldazog

Love these Glenn, they're fab, and I love the science-specimen-microbiology-thing going on  (then again, I do have a bit of a thing for scientific imagery!)

I've love to see them displayed in a museum glass topped drawer or something similar.... like a butterfly collectors cabinet.....  ;D ;D

nuttybeader

Wow they are something else again.  NEVER take sane pills and keep on watching B movies

Les

awrylemming

My son leaned over my shoulder and said 'oooooooooooohhhhhhhh' at these.  My sentiments exactly  ;D