Alien Pathology & Parasite Specimens

Started by Steampunkglass, March 06, 2012, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerousbead

That bottom right one is almost exactly like an EM image of the brain's plaques and tangles, only I can't remember which one is which.
They are spookily beautiful.

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Emma @ Tuffnell Glass on March 07, 2012, 10:07:12 AM
Awwww broken  :'(
They are really trial pieces, after doing the red one it showed me how I needed to change the order I make them, so was able to go on to do the green one without any problems. It's only a small break, and I wasn't worried as I didn't think the head on this one was so interesting. I only popped on the photo to show the scale and where I was going with my glass, I didn't expect everyone to be so excited about them!  ;D

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

Quote from: Steampunkglass on March 07, 2012, 11:10:24 AM
They are really trial pieces, after doing the red one it showed me how I needed to change the order I make them, so was able to go on to do the green one without any problems. It's only a small break, and I wasn't worried as I didn't think the head on this one was so interesting. I only popped on the photo to show the scale and where I was going with my glass, I didn't expect everyone to be so excited about them!  ;D
Well I am excited and I want one  ;D LOL

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Emma @ Tuffnell Glass on March 07, 2012, 11:14:11 AM
I better stop skiving by looking on the forum and get back to the torch then and make some!  ;) :)

kerensky

Those are great, thank goodness they don't move.

james M knox

Quote from: Emma @ Tuffnell Glass on March 07, 2012, 11:14:11 AM

No Fair,

I want the Red one as well  :'( Need more wiggly red ones.  ;D ;D

JMK

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Fiona

They're brilliant Glen and they look fab framed.  :)

Ant

They are fab Glen, and soooooo original! ;D

Alison G

You seem as sane as any of us are :)

I adore them and so would my Trekkie DH, well done Glenn. Your work is perfectly original.

On your etsy I've been eyeing up the glass rocket ship pendant and the blue planet earrings.

In fact I wish you weren't so far away, I could drag you up here for a lesson ;) I'd tell DH he has to pay for me to get a man in to show me his marbles...

Sorry, lowering the tone again.  ;D ;D
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Alison G on March 08, 2012, 01:34:23 AM
You seem as sane as any of us are :)

In fact I wish you weren't so far away, I could drag you up here for a lesson ;) I'd tell DH he has to pay for me to get a man in to show me his marbles...

Sorry, lowering the tone again.  ;D ;D
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad you like them, I'm still tweeking the designs so once I've got them right and sorted some good frames they'll be even stranger ones to come  ;) Mind you it's get such that I'm making sure the kiln is properly shut before I dare go to bed at night... I've seen enough movies that show what happens is you don't ! :P :D

Alison G

:D Killer Beads From Mars? Must have missed that one...

Godzilla versus The Lentil With Silvered Ivory Stringer...

Sorry, it's new morphine patch day  :)
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

fionaess

oh yess Glenn... strange, alien and utterly gorgeous

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Fessler Forge

Oh my I do love these! So much my style. I like the one in the shadow box. Some interesting scientific names for these is a must. Along with a brief description as to where they were discovered.
Amazing stuff!

Scott
Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man/woman the moment he/she loses concern over what impression he/she is making or about to make.
~ Bruce Lee

liquidglass