gallery archive 12

Started by Madam Steph, January 01, 2012, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

I've been trying out an idea based on my steel art work where there is some kind of chamber within the work. I'm not sure whether to call them 'lens beads' or 'lenticular beads', any ideas? They're still in the early stages and I hope to do them much bigger for my art. My main idea is to have the lens magnifying an image or words within, although there is only silver foil in these at present. All on Georges beautiful silver ring base of course.

Untitled by terrangela, on Flickr

www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

Kalorlo

Angie: ooh, I see where you're going! I think they'd be great with words in  ;D
(I like lenticular, it's fun to say).

Here's the two bigger harlequin toppers (from Manda's tutorial). Probably better as pendants, I think - if I wore one of these as a ring I'd be bashing it off things even more than usual! (I was so chuffed by the perfect little bubble formed in the first one! Everything in the right place). The second one was inspired by what Kaz has been doing with them, but trying to be a little different.

chipperpottery

Love the hearts and Flowers, also those enamel rounds Brookland are stunning.
Hope you don't mind me posting again, but it has been a while since the kiln fairies have been kind to me  ::)
A large Focal and another larger Ring / Pendant topper.

Davey Jones Locker by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

JaySpangles

I have been torched deprived for longer than I would wish, but I got back to it this week. Using one of Jolene's Mojo boxes (Read All About It) I ended up with these. The photo is not the best, it doesn't show all the interesting bits that are going on under the top layer, but you get the idea?
I am currently using a HH (normally I am a Minor girl) and have really enjoyed it, apart from not being able to listen to the radio.  No cleaning or kiln facilities, that will have to wait for now, but relieved to have a result.

2012-01-09-10-19-48_64298FAB-46B4-4FE0-BC28-6021009C1C4F by JaySpangles, on Flickr

Les

Lovely work everyone !
I especially like Helen's enamel beads and Rita ... what beauties !!!

Here are some form me ...

IMG_0332 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0342 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0338 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

Now .. I don't make a habit of copying other people's work, I usually try to be as individual as possible, but I have been struggling for inspiration as of late. I REALLY want to make Easter Bunnies, so I decided to have a go at making one using the same ear style as Melanie Egan of Moonraker Lampwerks ... I shan't be selling this guy, as he's not 'my' work ... well not totally, but I hope it springboards me into taking it further and experimenting more :)

IMG_0339 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

Sorry for the ramble and hog ... thanks for looking, Les x

julieHB

Ooooh, there's a lot of wonderful stuff in here!! I haven't really got going after xmas, but here's a couple of cabs where i have messed about with shards and reactions (I'm sure you see which tutorials i have treated myself to  :D)

cab-120112-3 by JulieHB, on Flickr

Cab-120112-1 by JulieHB, on Flickr

cab-120112-2 by JulieHB, on Flickr
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

soulsilver

Loving that bunny Les, and lots of gorgeous toppers from everyone :)
Just a couple from me this week, apologies if you have already seen them on my flickr.

sunset by soulsilver1, on Flickr

Sea girl by soulsilver1, on Flickr

Summer Waters by soulsilver1, on Flickr

puffin

My first attempt at Manda's Cabs.... Needs more work but I am very happy with my first go at these. Considering I think it is easier watching someone show you rather than reading the tut ... However loved doing these .

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6689401917_a14b2bd450_m.jpg[/img]]

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7017/6689401413_838fcb2abc_m.jpg[/img]]

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7016/6689400437_8419d42ff2_m.jpg[/img]]
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

Ilona

I have managed to make some beads at last :)
Some nuggets

and some hearts

The Tartan Trout

This week reminds me of a song from Sunday School..."All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small"  :) :)
I have no pretty creatures to add, but what a friend has told me look like mouldy smarties...I dont care as I love them. So much so that I have had the pic made up into a canvas for my displays :)

P1124386 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

Calico Cat

Had  fun playing with owls yesterday.

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Galloway Beads

Some discs from me this week and a BHB.

Aqua Discs by Galloway Beads, on Flickr

Blush! by Galloway Beads, on Flickr

Elaine xx

www.gallowaybeads.co.uk
My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gallowaybeads

clairelouise

So many gorgeous beads... I couldn't begin to name my favourites!  I always look at beads on here and feel in awe of the standard and quality.  finally, I feel brave enough to post some pictures of my own.  I have been playing with Rubino Oro this week after a great days tuition with Di East.

017 by ClaireDunnBeads, on Flickr

and some black and silver beads...

009 by ClaireDunnBeads, on Flickr

Claire
www.facebook.com/clairedunnglassbeadjewellery
www.etsy.com/shop/ClaireDunn

helenfc

Morning all!!
Here is a necklace I made with my beads, I'm working on the style of them still but I'm happy with the colour scheme!

Second Storey by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Now lets see yours! x

Helen G

Fab indeed Helen  ;D

I'm beavering away making stock for a 3 day show but had to show these as they are the first set I've been really happy with in a while, sorry to those that have already seen them  :-[

IMG_5131 by Helen G Beads, on Flickr