Zephyr... my first thoughts

Started by Fruddy, October 21, 2011, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaysieMay

It looks beautiful - I love the non etching element - but I'm being good - I can't afford to fall in love with it!  ::)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Dee Dee

I'm assuming that it will, of course, tumble to get the etched effect?

I've just got some, and I love it!  ;D

Lakelady

I know this is an old thread but Zephyr does etch with Etchall - I made a set of beads with partial encasement which were in the fluid for an hour - the encasement etched  :(  It was definately Zephyr I used.
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Lush!

That might be because you left them in for an hour!  If the fluid is fresh, you only need leave beads in for around 5 minutes or so, up to 15 minutes if the etching fluid is looking old and brown, like coke (which mine is!).

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

Lakelady

I was busy melting!  I have left beads that long before - it's no issue ordinarily or with nail varnish etc - but just a heads up, that if you go off and do something else and forget about it that Zephyr does etch!!  ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Alison G

Quote from: Lush! on March 12, 2012, 02:26:23 PM
That might be because you left them in for an hour!  If the fluid is fresh, you only need leave beads in for around 5 minutes or so, up to 15 minutes if the etching fluid is looking old and brown, like coke (which mine is!).

Mine is like that, it's okay to use?
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Lush!

Yep, it's fine, keep using it till it's gone - it just takes longer, that's all  :)

Hotglass28

Mine looks like blood which has been left in the sun then been chewed on and spat out, all gloopy. I did some etching yesterday and it did take ages.

I thought Zephyr doesn't etch?  Going to now have to change some of my ideas now ::)
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Lush!

Read further up the page, Denise - if you leave the beads in long enough, they probably will etch eventually, but probably not completely.  If your fluid is really old though, you might have to leave them in a whole day for it to work!!  :D :D

Hotglass28

Ah, will have a read ta. So my ideas are not totally wasted then  :D  Those beads are great Kay, not sure if I said that already.

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name