Trying to sort out my glass

Started by marijane, July 17, 2012, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marijane

I am trying to enforce some order to my glass stash before I make bead bases out of intense black or some other crime, but I am struggling a bit.  I know I have transparent black, nero and intense black.  I have been testing for webbing to catch the intense but am unsure if that eliminates the nero.  Also, which is best for making murrini?

White is giving me a head ache too...I have ordinary pastel white, anais white and peace, plus silk and something unknown.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

pastel white looks solid and very white
anais is slightly more transparent and seems to have a core to the rod
silk (Vetrofond) is more transparent again
and peace looks slightly blue in poor light

Just as I am writing this intense white comes to mind.  Is there such a thing, and if I have it how would I know?
Sorry, this confusion originates in the dark time when I was not melting.  From now on I am marking all my glass with permenant markers.

Shirley

Nero and intense are one and the same thing. Your regular black will actually come out as a dark purple if used over white.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

marijane

Thanks Kay and Shirley. So I've been trying to find differences between two different rods of the same glass! Silly me!

Shirley

Easy mistake to make. Nero is the Italian word for black :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

LilLizaJane

Quote from: Shirley on July 17, 2012, 08:39:49 PM
Easy mistake to make. Nero is the Italian word for black :)

As I read this I could hear (in my head): "Whata mistaka to make-a!" from the Italian guy in 'Allo 'Allo!
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

MadelineBunyan

my rods of peace look different where they've been melted at the tip to the rod,

the melted section is more solid glossy white and the unmelted has a slight satin sheen, only a slight difference but its much easier to see it next to a melted section

they may of course vary batch to batch.

Miriam

The Effetre white stringers are a bit different then the regular white. It has so to say more pigment. It stays more white if you pull it into very thin stringers. You could call it intense white.
groetjes Miriam

Blog | Website | Colorcharts | Glasss