What other crafts would you like to learn ?

Started by Les, July 11, 2011, 09:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edi (Edith)

I would like to learn more about different ways of using glass and metalwork and silversmithing.

Edi
Nana to 5 beautiful girls

Hotglass28

Kiln casting, glass blowing, DSLR know it all, soap making and silversmithing.  Batik has always caught my eye too, but I can't do em all can I  ;D

Can always dabble though, and I'd like to have a go at most crafts but maybe not knitting  :D
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Weston_glass_man

I'd like to learn how to glass blow.....Looks so cool  ;D and possibly wire sculptures!!  ;) Also more about kilns and annealing as I have zip idea :(

Pat from Canvey

Just taught myself tunisian crochet and when my bead mojo went on holiday, took up decorative knotting as an alternative to using silver chain for pendants.

Madam Steph

My last year at school we had a free Friday afternoon for crafts. The West Ham Photographic Club let us down, so I opted for basketweaving and pottery.

We only did one term of pottery and every next week, none of our stuff was ever there.It always 'broke in the firing', so I'd really love to take up pottery. My vessels were good, and I'd really love to do this again, but I haven't found anywhere in London/Essex to take it up

Linda x

Redhotsal

Another one for Blacksmithing (the non horse variety). Maybe those of us interested should team up and go and find a FHF discounted course where we could all go together!?
I'd love to do larger glass work - hotshop work and blowing
and, bit weird this, but I'd really love to learn how to write songs.

Rascal

I'd like to try Glass Blowing, sculptural work and silversmithing and plan to try at least one of those next year or 2 if I can get away with it. I think DH is worried another addiction will be born.

flame n fuse

I think I've got a long way to go before I exhaust the possibilities of glass, but I'd like to be able to do a little silversmithing, so that I could make nice bits to go with the occasional bead that is good enough.

SueP

Quote from: Karen on July 11, 2011, 09:58:13 AM
I would like to learn how to crochet properly to actually make something to wear  ::) ::)

Shame you can't come round for coffee any more I taught myself from the internet a few months ago  ;)

would like to learn silver smithing and spinning  :)

Lakelady

Turner Rowe Glass Art

Nicknack

I've already tried most things!  I've done crochet, knitting, batik, silk painting and dyeing, enameling, silversmithing (must get back to it to set my beads), candle making, sweet making (including chocolates), wine making, dress making (made most of DD's clothes when she was little), lapidary and flying (may have forgotten something!).  I just wish I'd discovered glass earlier, and I'm going to work on my lampworking and fusing until I get a lot better.  Then, who knows......... :D :D
Mind you, I do want to try glass blowing ;)!

Nick

Shirley

Would like to do some silversmithing and have just signed up to start a class in January :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Charli

Glass blowing! I had a go for a few day and its awesome, i would love to do more.

I would also love to learn stone-carving, i would love my own collection of gargoyles. I suspect i am nowhere near patient enough though. So I would settle for pottery, welding, silversmithing and machine embroidery. I would also like to be able to draw, but suspect some talent would have to be involved in that.

Niki Gough

As with Nicknack I have tried a lot of crafts - Counted Cross stitch, embroidery, knitting, lace making, am a qualified cake decorator and still do Card and Jewellery making.

I really want to learn silversmithing to compliment my Jewellery and lampworking so that is my next task but would also love to try so many other crafts as well. The list is endless :)
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Nicknack

Quote from: Charli on December 09, 2012, 09:32:18 PM
Glass blowing! I had a go for a few day and its awesome, i would love to do more.

I would also love to learn stone-carving, i would love my own collection of gargoyles. I suspect i am nowhere near patient enough though. So I would settle for pottery, welding, silversmithing and machine embroidery. I would also like to be able to draw, but suspect some talent would have to be involved in that.

Charli, The Old Kennels at Dunkeswell have a 2 day stone carving course on 13th and 14th June 2013 - and it's to make ............a gargoyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have a friend who went this year and made a Green Man.  She'd never done it before, but it's really good :D  It's only 20 minutes away from me, and it's where I had my first taste of lampworking ;D.  It's a lovely place, and Tracey makes everyone very welcome.

Nick