Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKC

Another guu from me, tried making a snail out of guu and clear twisties, but he escaped and met his demise in the garden during the photo shoot, rip, snaily.

fionaess

My Guu is nothing like this,,, mine is yellow ochre opaque..... ???

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Steampunkglass

Quote from: fionaess on February 17, 2011, 04:14:05 PM
My Guu is nothing like this,,, mine is yellow ochre opaque..... ???
Mine too! It does get a little better with melting  :-\

Shame about the snail breaking, you got the colour working so well too!

fionaess

I've got an implosion pendant and 3 beads made with this 'interesting' glass in the kiln....

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

♥♥Tan♥♥

♥♥Tan♥♥

Ok, here are my efforts, please excuse the very rubbish pics, kitchen lighting isn't flattering at the best of times :-\

Seahorse off mandrel, teeny tiny

BIG fish, his fins bubbled at the tips on mandrel

And an off mandrel teddy bear, complete with buttocks that I forgot to take a snap of but with a belly button and holding a flower, his toes bubbled

On one oxy I had no problems with this glass, as soon as I turned the second one on to give me oomph because the rods were thick thats when the bubbling started. I do really like this glass though

julieHB

JKC, the snail looks gorgeous in the sunshine - too bad it decided to disintegrate!

Tan, I say, you seem to be a guud friend of guuy glass and an off mandrel goddess - love the seahorse in particularly!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

Thanks flower, they are a bit newbie naff, boro is a whole new beast to master :D

garishglobes

They are fab!!  :D
You are clearly an off-mandrel goddess indeed, I like the teddy best, that colour really suits him :)

Looks as if working this glass cool gives it a nicer colour and makes it easier.

julieHB

That should give me an advantage, then...I can only do cool  ;D ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

Quote from: julieHB on February 17, 2011, 07:49:04 PM
That should give me an advantage, then...I can only do cool  ;D ;D
8) 8) 8) 8) ;D
That explains why I was having trouble with it, too hot! Love the seahorse Tan!

♥♥Tan♥♥

The boro gods are smiling at me, today is a good day ;D

awrylemming

You have managed to make the Guu look much less Guuey - they're all so cute, and looking at the rod I have here, I wouldn't have imagined cute at all  ;D

garishglobes

Quotelooking at the rod I have here, I wouldn't have imagined cute at all

;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D

kerensky

It really is a very interesting colour and you have all managed to produce some great work. Wait until you see Mavis.. outrageous what you can do to a decent rod of boro!  

Just got to sort the camera out, at the moment it is only providing me with very blurred shots,(probably a good thing)  the whole camera issue is getting right on my ti**....

Soon -

Love the snail and seahorse - and the other pendants, don't be too harsh on me !