Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuwaudby

Ohh - a Boro challenge! I'm in, will pm address if any is left.

♥♥Tan♥♥

My guu just arrived too, thankyou Emma. :-*

Nipping back for a read of the instructions now..........good start Glenn ;)

awrylemming

Got mine too, thanks Emma - and hoping the cooked colour is slightly less hideous than the rod  ;D  Following Tan now, although I have a sketch done already.

garishglobes

Quotehoping the cooked colour is slightly less hideous than the rod
hmmm....  ;D ;D ;D

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

JKC

I've been guun mad today, hours at the torch, only made two things one button with twisties, but the guu doesn't show up too well.  Second one a weird experiment with solid piece of guu in tubing and in twisties, had a really weird, but I thought cool shape.  Don't get excited, dropped it, smashed, all guun.  Picked up the broken pieces with some clear and made another shape, it is called "hide and guu seek".   Back to the drawing board, but will post all my awful results soon. :D  Please forgive the bad puns. :-[

julieHB

Glenn, that is not hideous at all - it's rather nice, actually!  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

kerensky

Got my Guu today - and I would just like to say that I am a Boro.....Virgin - so please be gentle with me.

My first experiment is cooking in the kiln as I type - I quite liked the colour of Guu,  as it happens.  Also, I would be interested to know what colour the other piece of boro that you included in the parcel was too?

I do have some bits and pieces of boro that were gifted to me from a friend of mine - so might be tempted to have a more of an experiment tomorrow, obviously not covering the glorious Guu, as it would be considered cheating.

k
X

JKC

Here guus, 1st one is supposed to be an imploded button, the second ??? guud and ugly, sorry.

Didn't get chance to play today, snack run to son's school.

awrylemming

Still waiting for my glasses before I can play  :'(  I have nooo patience!

julieHB

Received my glass today - looks guusome!!  ;D (haven't tried melting it yet, though - was too busy drilling 'n stuff)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Rikki

Received my glass today, thank you, but but will have to wait until the weekend to have a play. :(
What is the other rod in the package? It looks like guu, plus black maybe?

♥♥Tan♥♥

Yay, had time for a play earlier, three efforts in the kiln so now its just wait and see ;D

garishglobes

I think the other rod is a Momka short, sparkly thunder.

Glenn has very generously offered his pendant as an extra prize for this mini-competition so get melting! :)