Boro colour contest - not for the faint hearted!!

Started by garishglobes, February 12, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKC

Hey no fair, for us newbies, showing our guu next to the likes of Marcel, exercise in complete humiliation.   Could you at least not try to make it look amazing ;D

Secretly, looking forward to seeing what all you clever people can do with it.

Stacy

If you've got any left Em I'd love to give it a go too!!
You know how much I LOVE colours which give a challenge!!

JKC

Hi Stacy, how are you liking your Scorpion?  Janet

garishglobes

Unless Marcel knows something I don't, he is on a level playing field making this one look nice  :D :D

garishglobes

I should just add - I will pick a winner at random from the results shown in this thread. I'm afraid this means you will have to post the lovely results you get to stand a chance of winning  ;D ;D

awrylemming

Steampunkglass

Ah, I seem to have a bit of this, I tried it in implossions and wasn't greatly impressed with it, but I'll have another go and see what I can do too!

One quick question; the rod I have has areas of lighter colours streaked though it, is that usual compared to the rest of the rods?  ???

fionaess

Quote from: Dendrobium on February 13, 2011, 02:10:33 PM
Ah, I seem to have a bit of this, I tried it in implossions and wasn't greatly impressed with it, but I'll have another go and see what I can do too!

One quick question; the rod I have has areas of lighter colours streaked though it, is that usual compared to the rest of the rods?  ???
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  - no comment Glenn - just  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

garishglobes

All posted out today, apart from Stacy and Fi, who will have glass popped in the post tomorrow.
Good luck, folks!   :D :D
And yes, Glenn - I am afraid so  ;D ;D

julieHB

Aaargh - cannot believe I missed this one!! Have fun, folks - looking forward to seeing the results (or not??)  ;D ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

garishglobes

Hold it!! You don't get away that lightly, missie!!  ;D ;D ;D
I might just have 1 more rod  ;)

julieHB

Quote from: garishglobes on February 14, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
Hold it!! You don't get away that lightly, missie!!  ;D ;D ;D
I might just have 1 more rod  ;)

Oooooh, that's fabulous, Emma!!! ;D ;D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

Looks like I am first up!

Turquoise and Turbo cobalt blue which has come out near black, but mostly guu (and a huge bubble that got trapped  :( >:(). I twisted the Guu to see what effect there would be as the rods aren't even in tone. I tried a second one, but had alot of problems with those clear striations on the rods starting to bubble.

DeanWilson

JKC

Very nice. I am excited, just got my guu.  Getting my hair done, so can't play yet, but soon.