creative gallery archive 2011

Started by pixiewillow, December 20, 2010, 09:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarrieH

For my daughter's best friend :

2.5m of handstitched bunting - my first!  rather predictably my DD wants some for her birthday now!

Carrie x
www.CarrieandCo.folksy.com
www.carriehartshorn.etsy.com

sparrow

When we went down to Devon in late June, we collected lots of everything in order to make a holiday memento - this is it. Munchkin was in charge on arranging, Mummy glued (and placed a few more shells & bits).

Memory of Devon by Sabine Little, on Flickr

NB: Extra-prize for those who spot an upside-down family holding hands (so munchkin says). Daddy (mainly made from 'ring-shells' and wearing a hat), Mummy ('you have to be made of glass, Mummy!') and munchkin with sea shell legs. These were all his work - I just messed up the edges, lol, forgetting that I should have left a rim for the picture to settle in the frame  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

k00m

Got to have a go at proper glass blowing in the green fields at Glastonbury Festival this year and I thought I'd show off the bubble I made. It's almost round! All I did was the shaping and blowing, the lovely people running things (a company called GlassGenie) did all the rest of the work. Twas great fun, even in the middle of a field trying to hide from the rain under a marquee! If you ever get a chance to have a go, I recommend it. I've learnt that I don't really have enough puff for full size glass blowing, but it has helped with my shard making.

Also came back from the festival and got to see what my creative family had done with two of my critters while I was away. The only I directions I gave them was that I'd like a photo/card holder thingamajig and I am really pleased with the end result, as was my partner, who's birthday present they were.

- Kerra -

Pat from Canvey

I still have to add a small copper trigger clasp but
and a close up

I pinned the design to cork to try and get the knots and spacing regular. It's just square knots but done with 8 threads instead of four. You could also change it by adding beads to the threads as you work the knots.

Les

I have been wanting to get back into silk painting for ages... so this morning I've had a go :)

Please be kind ... it's been a while ....

Hen Cloud2 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

Hen Cloud1 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

One of my favourite places on earth :)

LilLizaJane

I made this a while ago - but I'm still proud of it!

DSCF0001_edited by LilLizaJanes Jewellery Store, on Flickr
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

Lilley

Hi All, I thought you might like to see some of my kiln cast glass snails - here they are all lined up

DSCF4526 by Lilley Glass Designs, on Flickr

there are some more pictures on Flickr if you want to look, its at http://www.flickr.com/photos/51398444@N04/6025423276/

Thanks for looking!  :D
Karen
Glass - lampworked, blown, kilncast or fused and slumped, it's all good!

Veebee

Well, it must be about 15 years since I painted anything, but I've been wanting to do this for ages! It's a bit of an abstract seascape. Sorry the photo isn't great, it's quite dark here now  :-\

Thanks for looking  ;D
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Pat from Canvey

A few years ago , I did a Design and Technology (Silversmithing) GCSE at the local Sixth Form College. It was great fun being among the 17-18 years old with only a couple of mature students there. The work was all practical and the final exam was practical too split over a few days for a few hours each time. I'd decided to make a butterfly as my final piece and its been sitting in a drawer ever since. I finally decided to tumble it clean being worried that the antenna would somehow fail but the larger of the two pairs of wings came apart instead. I took the bull by the horns yesterday and resoldered them on but suspect I should have soldered them below the front wings this time.
Here it is, 
I made every part of it and left the wings seperately attached to the body so that the wings would wiggle. Here's the back,

We also had to submit all the items we'd made during the year. I was very pleased to get an A.

Blue Box Studio

I used to make cored  sea glass necklaces but had to give up when I hurt my arm in an accident.  I'm delighted that my Mango bead corer is up to the job!  These were always popular, let's hope with a 2 year absence from my shops they'll still be popular!  I've a couple more to make, dying drill permitting.

I have also finally finished some 'end of day' sea glass pendants. This is one of the prettiest.  End of day glass is something made at the end of the day by the glass workers in their own time.  Years ago they were taxed on glass, so if they used what was left over from the following day they'd be taxed a second time on using it.  So it was disposed of.  Sometimes the workers made a useful object from whatever was left, sometimes whimsical, sometimes they just collected up all the remaining glass and threw it away.  Like all sea glass, it eventually found it's way into the sea and over 50-100 years turned into something useful.  End of Day sea glass is mostly found in the north east of England, but now that people have caught on to it there's not much left to be had.  We're off up there next weekend on holiday, husband thinks we are going sightseeing, but I have other plans for at least one trip to the beach each day ;)

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Pat from Canvey

Just found this in the greenhouse and thought someone might be interested. Doesn't everyone keep their oddments of glass in their greenhouse?

It was a practice piece done many years ago when I was doing a piece of stained glass that was horoscope related. Tracing black as the name suggests, allows you to trace onto glass any design that you can see through the glass. You can use either a brush or pen depending on how thick you want the lines to be. The glass is fired in a kiln and becomes permanent.
The other piece is a small part of a fused piece done ages ago and made from 1cm pieces of 104 COE rod cut with murrini nippers and fused onto clear sheet 104 glass.
It's 50 x37mm I may turn it into a brooch one of these days.

Passionatelamper

Hi Guys thought you might like to see these.
I have started to make fascinators will show you when I am completely finished the one I am doing. (it's fascinating)  ::) lol.
But anyway I made these out of Stockings I found in the loft lols and 22 gauge white wire. I could have used Silver or gold too. I am presently waiting for loads of coloured nylons to arrive and then I will add these to my Fascinators. It is really kewl.... 8)
At present working on a small top hat in Navy with lime green feathers and Sinamay loops perfect for Ascot  ;D ;D or weddings.
I love fascinators as they are feminine and also trendy. Anyways this is my first attempt at wrapping Stockings around wire. Your comments would be most grateful.  ;D :D ;)

DSC_0001 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0002 by vonnie.t, on Flickr
DSC_0002 by vonnie.t, on Flickr
kr.com/photos/vonniet/6135756268/]DSC_0001[/url] by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Chameleon

Ok so I guess these are more silly than creative lol but they were fun to make  :) Moo's new round stickers turned into 3cm button badges

mirri marie

Still playing with my fabrics and I have a few new additions  ;D

I seem to have a love for Cat In The Hat can you tell?  ;D ;D
Mariex

Les

OK ... so it's not glass or jewellery related, but I am so pleased with our progress, I thought I'd share :)

My Garden was a real tip ... those of you who have been here for open days can attest to that .... this is how it used to look ....

n547703972_2441546_2887056 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

In fact, it was worse than that  :-[

But this is how it's looking today, after a month or two of tip runs and a weekend of huffing and puffing ...

129_0053 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

129_0040 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

And I've just planted the first of the winter veg in the resurrected veggie patch ... January King Cabbage :D

129_0043 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

The Lawn will be re-turfed in the spring, so that should improve how it all looks by LOTS ... too late in the year to bother with it now though :)