creative gallery archive 2011

Started by pixiewillow, December 20, 2010, 09:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgirl

Ceramic buttons was just one of my many crafting obsessions before I caught the lampworking bug!

dinah46

This is what's been keeping me quiet for a bit

First Quilt by dilunah, on Flickr

Ready for my next grandson, due in May :)
I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, I've learned a lot along the way ::)
This is a great link if you're at all interested in making a quilt for the first time

Lush!

Just gotta share what I've been up to!  Since well before Christmas, I've been making and stashing buttons for my 3 day show this week - I'm hoping that there will be lots of knitters and stitchers and general button-users there! 

But if not, I've also come up with a really quick and simple way to turn a button into a brooch and will have a dish of coloured safety pins on hand  ;)

My lovely favourite friend turned my business card design into the perfect button display card and even my daughter has been helping with putting them all together.  I had no idea I'd made so many!

Button Display by LushLampwork, on Flickr

I plan on offering the small stand, full of buttons, as a wholesale display for shops - and I just got my first order today  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Redhotsal

Beads are great - but they're not usually square and they don't often fit into each other. For a bit of light relief I thought I'd do something different.
This is my daughter Emily in Lego:

Lego Emily by redhotsalbeads, on Flickr

Lush!

I've just got to share these photos of work by one of my super customers - aren't they gorgeous?!

2011_0104seaside0078 by sycamorejewellerydesigns, on Flickr

2011_0104seaside0077 by sycamorejewellerydesigns, on Flickr

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

saffie

Some of you may remember Jo asked if anyone who sews could help out with a blanket for Ruby to teach her how to tie laces and do zips and buttons etc. well I volunteered to help and came up with Rosie
Ta dah
Rag doll by Samantha Halliwell, on Flickr
gonna pop her in post later and let her meet her new friend
Sam xx

Pat from Canvey

I bought a square Kumihimo Plate at the Kent Bead Show last weekend and tried it out with cotton knitting cord. I used three colours to be able to see the weave more clearly. If I was using it for jewellery, I'd probably just use a colour compatible with the bead

mirri marie

but thanks to a commmission from a lovely fhf'r it's given me the kick that I needed  ::) I made this basket style handbag using her choice of fabric, I'm so happy with the finished piece and so is she  ;D Just wanted to share and thank her too  ;D ;D

Mariexx

mummydude

Hi all, you may remember a few weeks back Sal posted her Lego portrait of her daughter, well Sal very kindly helped me to make one for my son who's daddy we lost recently.
It is still missing a few grey piece as these seem to be the hardest ones to source (hint hint.... ;))

I can't thank Sal enough  :-* :-*

Vicki

mirri marie

I've made this weekend bag as a gift for a v. special friend who not only is a great sounding board but also takes all my photos and anything I.T. It was a tricky one and at times I was spitting a serious amount of feathers  ;D It was so worth it though as I'm really happy with it and so is she  ;D ;D

Mariexx

sparrow

I'm on a roll today, lol!

I've been meaning to do this for a while, ever since my 'proper, custom-bought from ereader company' leather cover killed my ereader after 20 mins in my handbag. Over Easter, I found just the right book I could be seen to be reading on public transport ;)

I think for the next one, I'll change the way the rubber band goes, to protect it further, but it was great fun to make :)

E-Reader cover by Sabine Little, on Flickr

E-Reader cover by Sabine Little, on Flickr

;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

chipperpottery

Well I have been busy, getting ready for the show at the end of the month. I just feel I can never seem to catch up though.
Here are a few items ready to be wrapped in bubble wrap and popped into the box.

Ready for the show. by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

I should really be out in the studio now, as I have another order to do, honey pots for a hotel. ::)

Rita

kathsd

I finished making this yesterday, for my level 2 silversmithing assessment, what a lot of work it took too!

out tutor wanted us to make a square box...but all 3 of us on the course decided that was far too boring!, had we known how much difficulty we'd encounter with our choices of different shapes.......hindsight and all that! I think he had the last laugh watching us trying to solve the extra construction problems we made for ourselves  :D
I'm rather proud of this, the mouse on top was cast from waste silver scrap from other projects, boy did it take a lot of silver, eeek! I think I'll give it to my Mum once it's been assessed, she's got a bit of a thing for mice.
thanks for looking
Kath

CarrieH

Off to Cornwall for a fortnight so I made these for the kids to cart their own stuff around in:

Only wish I'd found time to make one for myself - but we're going tomorrow and I really need to pack now!
Carrie xx
www.CarrieandCo.folksy.com
www.carriehartshorn.etsy.com

mirri marie

My adorable niece is getting a 'build a bear' for her birthday, I'd made her a backpack and wanted to make her something else so I've made her a little outfit for her new teddy. I have to admit it did make me feel a little broody  ::) ;D

Even the hubby went aaaahhh  ;D