what about opal yellow then!

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, April 30, 2007, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Whats all the fuss about? I have been trawling lampworketc until my head spins and I cant find any yummy pics, have you guys got it and what do you think?

ooo get me with the questions

beadysam

Luuuuurrrve it!

I had some pale OY and couldn't understand the fuss, but just got some of the proper stuff from Q and its fab!  It goes pink and everything!  You NEED some of this glass - you could try it with frits... ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

cheers me dear I know you lot would help...........Sam.....naughty naughty..no..no...oh go on then.....i'll have some frit!!

Mary

Need I say more? Oh yes, it's a nice alternative to ivory when you don't want it to react with silver.

glassworks

griet has "lost" the last of our batch apparently.... put it down somewhere and, gosh dontcha know, can't find it any more...

ours was a lovely strong coloured batch - one we bought before form someone else was much paler - guess its the luck of the odd lot hand pulled draw!!

;D 8)

♥♥Tan♥♥

I am in love Mary, that is a gorgeous colour

Does this mean you dont have any now Q :'( :'(

Sarah

opal yellow with enamel then with frit....

I love this almost as much as I love ivory

♥♥Tan♥♥

:o :o :o They are wowser Mcbowser beadies.......that opal yellow just kind of feathers colours doesnt it?

glassworks

officially we are out - i might be able to scrounge a stick or two for ya tan, pm me if i need to brave the lions den!

which reminds me - best take it of the shop and ebay then!!!

;) ;D

Caroline

i love Opel Yellow, it's one of my favorite colours , looks fab with raku

i would post pictures but photobuckets taking forever to load up ::)

LesleyMac

The best thing about opal yellow is that is "spreads" a lot, so its perfect for twisties especially when you want them to look like the ammonite thingies. If you use it in a twisty with EDP its even better.Lovely stuff
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

BeadyBugs

It's a good chicken colour too. LOL! ;D

I think I remember Manda's a big fan of it too - she's made lots of gorgeous beads with it.  The one on her website banner looks distinctly OY to me.

HP x
Helen P

beadysam

I think they should call it `Blushing Custard'!

astringofbeads

You have to try dragonscales with it!
Heres a dolly dragonscales. There's a tut on LE for them
but basically you start with a base of opal yellow, dot it with ivory stringer that's wrapped in silver leaf ( not burnt off) don't melt in the dots,  then dot with edp on top and melt in all the dots. You can get some fab effects The second one has dots of Lauscha steel blue over the silvered ivory

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sarah

Oh Jaq - those are lovely! I like the idea of opal yellow & edp -must go play.

Tan - if you can't get hold of opal yellow then try silver rattan. I found it quite similar when you strike it & play with raku - although you don't get the pinks. I've posted these before (& those earlier) but it might help with the comparison