what about opal yellow then!

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, April 30, 2007, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Guys thankyou so much, I knew I could rely on you girls to come through, and for the pics, very inspiring!! I am an opal yellow convert, now all I need to do is go and wrestle Griet or send Q off around the world to get some ;D ;D

Silver rattan eh....hmm now theres a useful tip

You rock girls!!!

Caroline

okay, photobuckets working now

here's opel yellow and raku frit, it goes lovely fleshy tones

Les

Not one from me here, but I love the way the pink has come out in the opal yellow in my Andrea Guarino heart....

soooo pretty :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

That is such a pretty blush............drooolllll :P

glassworks

trying hard not to pimp too much... but we are finding that caramello strikes pinkish too... although it is pricey it is at least widely available now.. it IS more intense than opal yellow... griet was playing last night and may be able to post some pics later..

Q

annasjewellerybox

Ooooo yes please Q, we want photos!

So do you have to do anything special to opal yellow to mek it go pink etc. or does it just do it when you're working it in the flame normally?

♥♥Tan♥♥

Caroline that is such a beautiful bead, thankyou for posting ;)

Mary

Anna, it strikes, so if you heat and cool, heat and cool you get the pinks. Basically, by the time I finish working a bead the colour is pretty much there, but you can rewarm it to coax a bit more out of it!

*Nicky*

Just out of interest can you over do opal yellow ? Ive managed to make mine white ?

glassworks

try heating it gently again, not sure if you can cook it... ours goes white, but then all the colours come back when worked.... mary?....

♥♥Tan♥♥

Mary

I have had it going white when I worked it, my paler stuff especially, but the colour does come back. Try treating it like a striking colour. I don't think I've ever really had problems with over-cooking. And Caroline has it on raku, so hers was well cooked!

*Nicky*

Thanks mary, ill give it another go, i like it cos its such a lovely yellow - didnt realise you could get all the pinks out of it, ill try that next time.

LesleyMac

Les that heart is fabulous I am drooling with envy ;D
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Les