following a fusing project - lattice bowl

Started by handmadeheaven.biz, April 29, 2007, 11:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handmadeheaven.biz

ello. i'm trying my first lattice project and thought i'd share it with you as i go along. it's already got a name - "Sugar & Spice" and will be a deep curved bowl around 24cm when finished. here's the photo of the pre-fire - this could be the last time it looks good! lol!! i've included a pound coin so you can see it's quite a biggie! wish me luck....

mams

Good luck Steph! I hope it works out well, interested to see it finished I am. It looks fun & interesting to do. Is it hard or easy? :-\

Michelle.x

Paula

Oh good luck Steph,I hope it goes well.
I was looking into doing something similar but using a mould.(I'm not as experienced or as good as you).But cant find any weaving moulds in England.(that was my main reason for going to Pearsons the other week).
It looks like its going to be very pretty.
OH,I'm all excited for you.
Paula

BlueMoon

that looks great Steph...can't wait to see the finished bowl. :)

Kilns, Torches, Tools & Supplies for Lampworking and Fusing

♥♥Tan♥♥

wow Steph you dont do things by halves, that must have taken an age to cut and lay out!! Have you done slumping before or is this your first piece?

Good luck with it ;D

handmadeheaven.biz

Quote from: tanok on April 29, 2007, 01:07:43 PM
wow Steph you dont do things by halves, that must have taken an age to cut and lay out!! Have you done slumping before or is this your first piece?

Good luck with it ;D
thanks tan and everyone else :) i have things crossed.

i have slumped before but not this big, nor an open lattice. i did a small test piece last night and that was so cool. if this works, it'll be pretty darn nice!! i may be reluctant to sell it :P anyway, shouldnt count my chickens and all that. also putting a set of 4 brown stripy coasters in too for a commission so it wont be a wasted firing ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

handmadeheaven.biz

der der derrrr, the kiln is on - *holds breath*

♥♥Tan♥♥

Soozintheshed

Wow, thats some project, can't wait to see the next instalment !

It's gonna be great.
Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

LesleyMac

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Caroline

oh wow Steph, can't wait to see it when it's done

beady-kat

LesleyMac

Where is it then Steph?  Can't take this long can it?  Was hours ago, photos photos photos. We want.........
Sorry :)
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

handmadeheaven.biz

hahaha! we're on stage 2, 797 degrees. it's on its way to a full fuse, then next is the hours of cooling!! it should probably be finishing its 1st fusing around 1am :P