following a fusing project - lattice bowl

Started by handmadeheaven.biz, April 29, 2007, 11:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paula

oh wow Steph,that is stunning,its perfect.I hope you're very proud.
Paula

BeadyBugs

Gosh!  That's gorgeous Steph!  I really like the way the holes have gone all circular too. ;D  Can't wait to see the finished slump.

Serious kiln envy here too. ::)

HP x
Helen P

Shirley

Looking forward to getting home so I can see the pics - Norfolk CC blocks photobucket!

Got the necklace, Steph, love it!  ;D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Mary

♥♥Tan♥♥

Soozintheshed

Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

handmadeheaven.biz

Quote from: tanok on April 30, 2007, 10:58:20 AM
Thats a piece of art in itself !!!
i did think the same and tried it on a hook on the wall. ideas brewing.... :P

mams

♥♥Tan♥♥

It would look stunning Steph!! well it does already...pendants would be cool too but maybe too fiddly :-\

handmadeheaven.biz

Quote from: tanok on April 30, 2007, 12:47:27 PM
It would look stunning Steph!! well it does already...pendants would be cool too but maybe too fiddly :-\
i cut one but i did it too thick. i will try again with thinner pieces. i thought the same :) also have done a couple of hanging-type things, or i might stick them on a canvas for the modern art look ;)

♥♥Tan♥♥

That would be blow your mind art then?....... ;D or..imagine if they were partially slumped over a wave form....oh yuuuummmmm...

To all parties concerned please excuse drool

handmadeheaven.biz

i have a wave mould but it's stainless steel and i'm waiting for jim to tell me how to get the kiln wash to stick!!! :P

♥♥Tan♥♥

Does it need to be sanded lightly to create a grip surface?

Mandrels are the same ......

Mary

Oh, I know a fusing answer! I read this somewhere, you heat the steel first, so the water evaporates instantly. I think they used a torch or kiln, it looked VERY hot!