my oxycon is broke!

Started by devoncows, February 19, 2007, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncows

My oxycon has conked out, the red light comes on after 5 mins and it just stops.
Any ideas? I can not seem to get hold of Martin Tufnell.
Thanks.

beady-kat

How long have you had it and has it been fine up to now on the same settings? Maybe try turning the flow down a little and see if it still trips.
Kath

glassworks

bugger chap.....

once it conks it is better to get it to martin... one of the things to do if the ocmpressor locks up is to drop it from a few inches up, but this sounds like the cycling system is boogered and not delivering oxygen?...

keep trying martin - he is definitely the guy to get it sorted!... so sorry to hear that though - as i can imagine how excited you are to get torching :-(...

::)

Mary

Martin replaced mine no bother after it conked. It's just a pain waiting for the new one!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Yep, Martin is top totty, Keep trying I think they are still between workshops

devoncows

Quote from: beady-kat on February 19, 2007, 10:39:21 AM
How long have you had it and has it been fine up to now on the same settings? Maybe try turning the flow down a little and see if it still trips.
Kath
[/quote
Only got it last thursday! I'll keep tyring martin.

MangoBeads

Try picking it up and dropping it from about 4 inches or so !  I did it onto concrete .It worked for me the compressor does not like moving and sometimes needs a bitof a kick . Mine did exactly that when ithad been delivered.

Vicki

mine seems to do that too, although it does seem to get going on the 3rd go...I was assuming that as its cold in the shed it just needs lots of warming up as once it is going it seems fine...allthough the middle light is on alot of the time!

devoncows

Quote from: Vicki on February 19, 2007, 12:46:50 PM
mine seems to do that too, although it does seem to get going on the 3rd go...I was assuming that as its cold in the shed it just needs lots of warming up as once it is going it seems fine...allthough the middle light is on alot of the time!

ok i'll try that mine got going on the third go today but the light was on amber not gree, i'm really not sure how critical that is as the flame is fine!
thanks, alice.

Mary

How cold are you guys keeping them? They are designed for indoor use, I've heard they don't like cold or damp. Might be better to keep them indoors and wheel them out to use them if you work in a shed.

Vicki

oooh I don't know...Its not damp in the shed, but it does get chilly out there...haha, when my husband built the shed it was the agreement that all my jewellery making stuff went out there as he was sick of it...I don't think he was bargaining on having a bit of ex-hospital equipment sitting by the back door ;D

Diane

Hi
These things just don't like the cold.  Sounds a bit daft but when I've finished beading I always put a couple of old blankets round my oxycon and it works ok next time.  I literally put it to bed - aw!!

Vicki

I'll have to try that one...thank you ;D

beadysam

Quote from: Diane on February 19, 2007, 07:07:55 PM
Hi
These things just don't like the cold.  Sounds a bit daft but when I've finished beading I always put a couple of old blankets round my oxycon and it works ok next time.  I literally put it to bed - aw!!

Bless! ;D

Dragonfire Glass

I was going to suggest wrapping it up!