my oxycon is broke!

Started by devoncows, February 19, 2007, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroline

Quote from: Diane on February 19, 2007, 07:07:55 PM
Hi
These things just don't like the cold.  Sounds a bit daft but when I've finished beading I always put a couple of old blankets round my oxycon and it works ok next time.  I literally put it to bed - aw!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;)

bubblefizz

Oh no...i hope to god that this isnt a common problem, ive only had mine a week  :-\ im to scared to switch it on now ::)

Billie

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and reach for the switch  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've heard also that you should have a minimum running time of about an hour when you get going - they don't like to be switched off every 10 or 15 minutes (not sure who does that, but I suppose if you wanted to knock out a quick bead you might)... Is that true or urban myth..?!

devoncows

i droped it! it seems to be running on amber now! Martin says it should be fine.

bubblefizz

so if mine conks out i will know to throw it across the room and it will be fine  :D

BeadyBugs

I'll have to remember that if mine plays up - bounce it incredible hulk stylie around the room. ;D  It turned up today and is working fine!!  Hurray!!  Just got to wait for the torch now....dead excited!!! ;D ;D ;D

HP x
Helen P

Caroline

Quote from: Helen P on February 20, 2007, 10:15:28 PM
I'll have to remember that if mine plays up - bounce it incredible hulk stylie around the room. ;D  It turned up today and is working fine!!  Hurray!!  Just got to wait for the torch now....dead excited!!! ;D ;D ;D

HP x

ooooooooooooh you've taken the plunge then? good on ya hun

BeadyBugs

Yeh - I was bad! ;D  Can't wait to play with it now though. ;D ;D ;D   I've even retired my little fold down table that's lasted all these months, binned my A0 drawing board and set up a proper torching corner....proper excited!!!!! 

HP x
Helen P

Sarah

Yay! Congrats Helen - you won't look back! I have to say my Arthur (you know me - they have to have names) has settled in very well & I have told him that if he misbehaves he'll be dropped on his heels. That scared him!

Caroline

wooohoooo, how exciting HP, bet you can't wait ;D

glassworks

all torches shipped yesterday first glass - watch out for you postie today - and pics PICS PICS!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

BeadyBugs

Wahey!  Thanks Q - I'll be stalking the postie for the next few days then....can you tell I'm excited!!  ;D  ...oooo I could crush a grape! ....oh eck - showing my age again! ::)

Everything's set up for it's arrival - new table, kiln and oxycon all expectant, it's sooooo good to finally have a permanent spot set up.  I've been on an ickle fold down table in the bathroom for the last 12 months, and I had to set everything up before a session, and put it all away again after....right royal pain!!!

And thanks Sarah and Caroline - I'm sure he'll be getting a name too when he arrives - and some boundaries!  LOL!  None of this going out all night with his friends malarcky - I want him to be there 24-7 at my beck and call!  ROFLMAO!!! ;D

HP x
Helen P

*Nicky*

Ohh what torch are you getting HP ?

My shed is just about done so i need to get my bits ordered, unfortuantly my shed has cost me a bit more than i was hoping and so i cant get my kiln straight away :( bit more saving required now !

BeadyBugs

I went for the Betta - thought I might as well take the plunge.  I know - it's not exactly the cheapest hobby/business to get into is it?  But it's definitely been the most fun. ;D  We need to see pics of your shed when it's all set up too. :D

Did you get a new torch in the end Nicky?

HP x
Helen P

Vicki

my shed did that too...all the little bits you need to make it usable all add up!