My kiln went pop!

Started by MangoBeads, February 10, 2007, 06:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MangoBeads

:'( :'( This sums up my week -went to switch off the ligght in my shed and the fuse tripped and now the kiln wont work - well actually theres no elecric at all atthe  momentso it might i guess come back on - its full of beads !

So what does this mean is there a problem with the light which was working after the fuse  tripped or the kiln which wasnt -  and if its the kiln what can it be fuse  in the plug ? dunno where to start   :-\

littlegiggles

aww bless manda... from the sounds of one of your other posts it's been a lacking mojo rubbish week. 

My thoughts are with you and the kiln.... oooh that makes it sound like it died.... and if you need someone to anneal beads please shout I'd love to fondle some of your beadies for a while

astringofbeads

Where's the fuse board that the shed electric is on. I would check that first. It maybe you need to reset any switches there first and then your kiln will come back on. How far had the kiln got?
What a nightmare day >:(

Caroline

oh no manda, i hope your kiln and the beads are okay

MangoBeads

Quote from: astringofbeads on February 10, 2007, 06:38:23 PM
Where's the fuse board that the shed electric is on. I would check that first. It maybe you need to reset any switches there first and then your kiln will come back on. How far had the kiln got?
What a nightmare day >:(

Its in the shed we cant seem to reset it! Why would it go like that tho, could it just be a simple fuse but that means surely there is a problem somewhere?

Have called the electrician !

Carol

Sorry to hear about your kiln problem Manda, hopefully it's something simple & the electrician will be able to fix it :)
Carol

MangoBeads

- what do you lot reckon on my beads - they all had a soak at 520 and then it switched off and I will leave them til the morning do you reckon they will be annealed?

♥♥Tan♥♥

Have you unplugged everything and then reset it?

If you haven't done this, try it and plug things in one by one, the thing that trips it is your problem

If you have......sorry for being a duh!!

I really hope it all works out....sending you some happy mojo thoughts

littlegiggles

Quote from: MangoBeads on February 10, 2007, 07:24:42 PM
- what do you lot reckon on my beads - they all had a soak at 520 and then it switched off and I will leave them til the morning do you reckon they will be annealed?

Depends wot the kiln is made of... Fire bricks and they will be annealed, the foamy stuff I've got inside the bluebird means they wouldnt be

MangoBeads

Fire bricks so I gues I'm OK ?

Tanok - everything switched on except the kiln  >:(

littlegiggles

you should be.  If you look at PTF Corrina admits to having it at temp while she makes then just turning her kiln off

MangoBeads

;)thanks Julie - feel a bitbetter now !

BeadyBugs

Oh no Manda - sounds like a week where you should have stayed in bed. :(  I hope things get better next week - and you have recovered from the lurgy!??!?

RE: the beads - I'm sure they'll be fine - at least they had a soak at annealing temp, and then a slow cool - you could always run a bulk annealing thingy after you've got your kiln going again if you're worried. ???  Also, I don't know which kiln you've got, but I remember someone who got theirs at the same time as me couldn't get it going because the fuse had blown in the back of the kiln.  On the SC2 there's a fuse next to where the power lead enters the back of the kiln housing?  I don't know if that could be a possible cause if there's something similar on your machine?

Hope you get it sorted chuck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)

HP x
Helen P

LesleyMac

One thing after another for you Manda, don't it just go like that though.
Hope you get it sorted and hope its not the kiln but something else much easier to fix.
Keeping my fingers crossed, let us know won't you.
Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

MangoBeads

Quote from: Helen P on February 10, 2007, 08:07:53 PM
Oh no Manda - sounds like a week where you should have stayed in bed. :(  I hope things get better next week - and you have recovered from the lurgy!??!?

RE: the beads - I'm sure they'll be fine - at least they had a soak at annealing temp, and then a slow cool - you could always run a bulk annealing thingy after you've got your kiln going again if you're worried. ???  Also, I don't know which kiln you've got, but I remember someone who got theirs at the same time as me couldn't get it going because the fuse had blown in the back of the kiln.  On the SC2 there's a fuse next to where the power lead enters the back of the kiln housing?  I don't know if that could be a possible cause if there's something similar on your machine?

Hope you get it sorted chuck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)

HP x

Ooh Helen you sweetie I am off to get my stuction booklet !