Main Menu

New 104 TAG Glass

Started by Trudi, August 25, 2008, 11:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Trudi

Quote from: garishglobes on September 05, 2008, 06:18:44 PM
Eek! I got colour from Dalai! Bizarrely I did exactly what I did the other night, but this time, it worked! Must be the weather. Or Sods Law. Anyway, these are Dalai and Tibet together, heated in neutral till clear (I swear I've tried this before) shaped and reheated gently to get the browns and then the colours. The colours seemed to go a bit when it was encased, but this is certainly the best so far, so will persevere!
Excuse the pix, its raining so hard I can't take 'em outdoors, and I haven't cleaned 'em yet either!


And this is reduced Taxco and red roof tile with silver:

Taxco seems to work really well as shards.


Nice stuff - what base colour did you use for the Dalai and Tibet???

Trudi

Quote from: flowerjasper on September 05, 2008, 06:35:32 PM
taxco on black, difficult to photograph!

have got zeus as well which is ment to be reduced then struck!!
anyone tried it?
sandy

That's v nice, and looks like it was hard to photo - all shiney!!

have got zeus as well which is ment to be reduced then struck!! - think I have this one, but I haven't tried it yet!!!

flowerjasper

zeus is a worry,
reducing and striking OMG !  pass me the hypo ventilation paper bag  ;D

grandmabead

Love the reactions you are getting from the TAG glass everyone  :)
Here's what i have managed to get Juno to do so far, it has to be reduced then struck. I have found that as a stringer you get the light amber with a 'carnival glass' shimmer and when used straight from the rod you get all the colours, pinks,purples,blues and amber. Sorry for the crap piccies i just can't get the colours to show properly as it is so cloudy here today (what's new?).

Juno rod over light ivory




Juno stringer on light ivory, you can just see the pink/blue shimmer on the surface - ignore the crap bead!




Trudi

Ohh - you've got a nice reaction with the stringer!!
Me likes!

grandmabead

Quote from: shine-on2 on September 08, 2008, 12:04:01 PM
Ohh - you've got a nice reaction with the stringer!!
Me likes!

Thanks shine-on2, i could'nt capture the shimmer very well with my camera, in RL it is very pinky/blue over the amber. Nice glass and it is'nt as difficult to get reactions from as i thought it would be.