My cim clockwork orange went clear

Started by Pandanimal, March 11, 2008, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Debs

I've used the clockwork orange on hollow focals and small spacers.  I had exactly the same thing, the first lot of spacers I made were almost clear.  I tried again and this time, I let the beads cool right down before putting the back in the flame and the colour changed back to orange.  To get the colour darker I went through this several times, cooling then back in the flame, it seems to have done the job :)

Lush!

I love this colour but I think I remember ending up with very disappointing spacers. 

However, I didn't do anything special to these lentils but the colour came out so intense I called them "Cherry Tomatoes"!



www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Pandanimal

Yes, Yes,Yes!
You are right about the striking thing. I got some lamptime this morning and had to try the clockwork straight away. I have some beautiful orange spacers now. but i did crack one, must of let it cool too much.
but I can now get colours of orange ranging from almost clear, to deep reddish orange.
I am definitely getting some more of this one. Yippee.
Thanks everybody. One happy beader here.
Back to the flame now.
Ta again,
Panda
Fab lentils by the way Lush.
I need to get myself a lentil mold.

♥♥Tan♥♥

It should be ok if it cracks, just take it back to the top of the flame and introduce it slowly, working your way further down towards your hot bit of flame, I have had quite a few crack because I got careless and this always works, the cracks will mend

BUt.......I WARN YOU...if its split apart or the bead release has cracked, just dump it, and make sure you go back into the flame very slowly ;)

Pandanimal

When I say cracked I mean half of it ending up onthe work surface the other half on the floor somewhere.
(still havnt found it) but i didnt know u could fix small cracks by re working in the flame. I will bear that in mind thanks.

Kathy Seamands

Q. is correct, I was away having a baby.  Back to work now and just updated the Clockwork page with our Messy testers' feedback. Hope you find it helpful despite being so late:

http://www.creationismessy.com/Product/Color/Clockwork.aspx
Kathy Seamands

Creation is Messy
Messy Colorâ„¢

[tel]   1-206-774-0876
[web] CreationIsMessy.com
[mail] Kathy@CreationIsMessy.com