carlisle mini cc torch

Started by firedinglass, November 18, 2008, 06:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firedinglass

Well i've now got 2 oxycons and my minor is like a different torch BUT the flame is still a bit tight for keeping larger beads warm.  I noticed on Theresa Lalibert's site that she uses a carlisle minicc and she makes beautiful big beads...... Does anyone have any words of wisdom about this torch.  I was thinking it might be an option to upgrade to rather than the Midrange plus-it's also a bit cheaper ;D

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

June

The only thing I know about it is that the controls get verrry hot!  I think it's quite oxygen hungry, too, and as I'm on tanked oxy, I decided to go with the Bobcat.

Les

do you fancy borrowing mine for a wee while ??? well, if I could borrow your minor, that is, LOL

Les

I manage to run mine on just the one oxycon :) (forgot to say)

Pam

I have a mini cc, I love it but I don't really have anything I can compare it with.

Les

I actually quite miss my minor :-\

xx

Pat from Canvey

I have a mini CC too and when I want a bushier flame, I turn up both the oxygen and propane. I do have 2 oxycons though. It still keeps a blue flame but a bushier one. If I'm doing a long bead, I sometimes turn the mandrel parallel to and into the flame rather than at right angles if I want the whole bead good and hot.

firedinglass

Hmmmm, very hot controls, no great praise from anyone ,might have to consider  a bit longer about this :-\ 
Thought I might have found the ideal upgrade, Les is making me look at my minor again and think maybe need to hang on to it....

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

silverlemon

I have one and a minor. I'm really loving my Carlisle at the moment, as I can get a bushier flame than the minor and also a smaller pointy one than the minor too, so it's great for slightly bigger beads, and for tiny details. Do the knobs get hot...I never noticed? I don't think mine do, I'm sure there would be lots of exclamations from my many students who use it if they did!

My minor on the other hand, the flame has almost the same characteristics whether it's long or short, spot heating flame isn't as pointy as the Carlisle.

I don't run my torches off 2 oxycons yet, so couldn't comment on that, but it feels as though the Carlisle has more heat.

I must admit to being tempted by the Mega minor, what about that for a compromise?
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

Les

My knobs get a bit hot !!!!!  :P Not so hot that you can't touch them though :)

hehe... but I actually quite like it... the heat that comes back from the torch is nice on a chilly day :)

xx

Redhotsal

Phnnarrr! Hot Knob!  ;D

(Well someone had to say it.....!) :-[

Les

silverlemon

Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

Billie

*rowanberry*

Never used a Mini CC but I can tell you that the Mega Minor has a bushier flame than the Minor (which I had before), I went up to it because I wanted to do big beads (and it can sooooooooo cope with big beads! my beads are always massive!). The flame isn't as tight, and while its hotter it seems more gentle. I forgot the difference until the other day when I played on someone else's normal minor and saw what a tight flame it was!
Claire