Started by firedinglass, November 18, 2008, 06:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Quote from: Redhotsal on November 19, 2008, 10:17:16 AM
Phnnarrr! Hot Knob!  ;D

(Well someone had to say it.....!) :-[

;D ;D *snigger*

saffie

I can't comment I have a minor and am having similar discussions with myself so I am watching with interest!
Hi Claire as well was just thinking about you last night nice to see you. Hope all is ok  :)

Billie

I want a bushier flame than my minnow provides and have decided (well, 99% certain) I'll be going for a bobcat when I can afford it :)

firedinglass

I go out, come back, get online and the whole thing has descended into a discussion on hot knobs..... might have known ::) ::) ::)    not that i've got anything against them but they could distract me from my beading......   ;D
Claire do you still manage to do details even though the megaminor flame is bushier?  Hi Sarah, it sounds like you quite like the Carlisle , so you find it does details and large beads no problem , depending on how flame is adjusted?    So i may be back to considering it, or maybe I should take a look at the megaminor.... this is driving me mad, I'm not normally so indecisive!

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

Les

All this talk about minor burners is making me whistful :(

*strokes chin*

I'm off to post in the swaps thread I think :)

xx

Kaz

Quote from: saffie on November 19, 2008, 12:49:33 PM
I can't comment I have a minor and am having similar discussions with myself so I am watching with interest!
Me too Sam! Decided I am going to bank any future bead sales towards a new torch and want the best of all worlds - something nice and bushy for big beads and something nice and tight for dotty detailing and stringer work.
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

firedinglass

i did post some info from another forum- and then removed it... basically it said how ideal the carlisle mini cc was as it had a bushy flame and a pinpoint BUT the hot knobs were mentioned (sorry to start it up again!)   There was even advice on setting up some heath robinson thing with an aquarium tank and a garden hose so that the torch could be cooled..... it was on Lampworketc.   That kinda of freaked me out!   That said ;Corina tettinger on her site really recommends it,  it's still a contender for me,I just don't want to set fire to myself or my studio, especially if i use 2 oxycons!!! 

Lisa

silverlemon

Quote from: glasslisa on November 19, 2008, 06:08:48 PM
i did post some info from another forum- and then removed it... basically it said how ideal the carlisle mini cc was as it had a bushy flame and a pinpoint BUT the hot knobs were mentioned (sorry to start it up again!)   There was even advice on setting up some heath robinson thing with an aquarium tank and a garden hose so that the torch could be cooled..... it was on Lampworketc.   That kinda of freaked me out!   That said Corina tettinger on her site really recommends it,  it's still a contender for me,I just don't want to set fire to myself or my studio, especially if i use 2 oxycons!!! 

You won't set fire to yourself with the knobs, they're NOT hot, oops, we could get smutty again  ;D

yes it has a big bushy flame and a small pointy one. I lurve it, and at the moment I prefer it.

I think all the talk about cooling it is very misleading and very over the top, maybe it's a joke?

Lisa, have you moved? If not would you like to come and play and compare the 2?
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

firedinglass

Oh Yes please sarah ;D  Nope not moved  still trying to sell the house...... it's never been so clean :D Will PM you

Lisa

silverlemon

Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop