Main Menu

Beads using CIM Bordello

Started by Stacy, August 12, 2008, 01:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stacy

Has anyone got any pictures of beads they have made using CIM bordello... I'm having real problems with this as nearly everything I make is coming out nearly black.. I started making whole beads from it but them tried laying it thinly on white or clear but its still so dark you can't tell its a red.
Its such a shame cos the rod colour is so sumputious.

Lush!

Hi Stacy

CIM Bordello and CIM Lipstick.  The Bordello is very dark, I keep meaning to try it over clear.





www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Dee

Fab beads Julie, Lipstick looks gorgeous. What's on the daisy petals, is that a reaction or is it another colour of glass?

Lush!

The daisy petals are Bordello too, its just that its thinner so you can see through it there - and its "streaky" cos Bordello is a striking colour.



www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Stacy

ohhh those are lovely.... Thanks Julie

I wonder if there is a way that you can get the colour to thin out over a lighter colour to make it show up more.. Like I've said I have tried but I do wonder if my covering was too thick!

Kaz

I love CIM glass but Bordello is my least favourite glass of all!!! Bordello is the right name - red and dirty.......
Julie - you have made it look pretty special though!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lush!

Quote from: Kaz on August 12, 2008, 05:06:19 PM

Bordello is the right name - red and dirty.......

Haha!  I've just got some Sangre today, looks nice ...


www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Billie


turnedlight

I like bordello for small accents, where a lighter colour would go very pale.. just trying to find a pic, but it's not as bad as all that! :)
kathryn

Amber

Mine just went a murky brown. Haven't bothered with it since.  :(

Vicki

I made a set with it once & then tried to get spacers, but they went orange & yellow, not a red one amongst them :D  they did go a deep red though, the main set that was....is it a striker??