Dappers

Started by SueP, July 10, 2008, 10:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueP

I'm thinking of making silver core beads and maybe some copper cores - sourcing tube is easy but where do I get a set of dappers? ???

Can't afford a bead liner :( and thought it might be away to give DH some thing to do whilst I'm in the shed ;D

Marijane

They are often called doming punches.  Try ebay or jewelsandtools are excellent.

Mari

saffie

SueP

Thanx got some on order now - have some spare copper pipe sitting around so thought I'd try that first ;D

Bumpy Beads

Does anyone know a supplier in the UK that sells individual dappers? I have a set but the largest is 12mm and I'd like a couple of bigger ones. I've seen a set of 3 large ones, but at £48 I was looking for something a little cheaper.

Thanks  :)
Heather

My Etsy Shop

Pat from Canvey

Sue, Make sure you anneal the copper pipe first to make it softer. All metals work harden so you might have to re-anneal as you go.

SueP

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on July 12, 2008, 08:45:19 AM
Sue, Make sure you anneal the copper pipe first to make it softer. All metals work harden so you might have to re-anneal as you go.

Thanks for the advice Pat - need to get some mandrels as well before I start as well ;D