Using presses - getting nice ends....

Started by Kaz, July 04, 2008, 08:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Well it certainly sounds like it! ;D I am working my way through these hints and tips and starting to have more success!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

saffie

i too am quite despondant about my ends!!! I tried a few of those hints but will try again methinks it is all PPP but so hard when all you wanna do is lob the press!!! (not advisable really!!!)

Mary

Remember you don't need to just press once. When I'm doing big beads I press in stages. I rarely fill all the corners on a first press even if the glass amount is perfect. I gently press once, to get the rough shape, then reheat and press again and it will look better. I can repeat this several times to get a nice even bead, without needing to press while it's too runny.

Trudi

Quote from: Mary on July 07, 2008, 10:49:44 PM
Remember you don't need to just press once. When I'm doing big beads I press in stages. I rarely fill all the corners on a first press even if the glass amount is perfect. I gently press once, to get the rough shape, then reheat and press again and it will look better. I can repeat this several times to get a nice even bead, without needing to press while it's too runny.

Never thought og that - thanks Mary!!

I hva a round tab press and I was making a footprint of the width and filling it in at first - but like others have mentioned on here - I now make it a bit smaller and barrel shaped and let the press gently push the glass to the ends!