hothead bulk fuel HELP

Started by dangerousbead, February 12, 2008, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerousbead

Could someone please post a photo of how to support the hothead when it's attached to a bulk fuel supply? Just got the kit from Martin and I can't see how to mount the head, whereas before the gas cannister was attached to the bench by a clamp, angle iron and a jubilee clip. am I being dim?

Sarah

Hi

Does this help? Scroll down through the first couple of pictures - I don't think it matters whether you have a creation station or not in terms of attaching it  :)

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0

garishglobes

If it's any help, I clamped mine to the bench with a bench vice - just kind of clamped the base of the hothead in place with the top of the vice. It wasn't just a G-clamp, it was a heavy vice for holding bits of wood in place on a worktop. I just slotted it in the side somehow. It wasn't exactly space lab stuff, but as long as the torch isn't moving I don't think that matters!

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

June

That's how ours is attached, too, to the clamp which is screwed down to a big piece of chipboard that we then put onto the table (perfectly portable !!)  and we got the quick release couplings so it can be moved about ;D  We have also pulled the front piece out a bit which makes the HH more horizontal. 

sparrow

Ignore the mess and that's not me (it's my sister), but does this help?

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

June

Sabine - How did your sister get on, by the way?  Is there another convert? !!  ;D

BeadyBugs

Hi Jane,

You basically use the same set up as with the MAPP canister, just use a smaller jubilee clip around the base of your torch instead, as the piccies above, or this one shows.

HP x

Helen P

sparrow

June, she's got a couple of expensive hobbies already (sailing!!), so I think she's trying to resist  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

June

Quote from: sparrow on February 12, 2008, 05:01:01 PM
June, she's got a couple of expensive hobbies already (sailing!!), so I think she's trying to resist  ;D
Would imagine it's a bit difficult making beads whilst sailing !!   ;D

Vicki

I love sailing, but its not expensive for me, just my dad ;D

Kaz

We are beading, we are beading....
Home again, 'cross the sea.....
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

dangerousbead

Thanks everyone, I've a better idea now, particularly from Helen's photo, cheers Helen.
I've been thrown a bit as my hothead doesn't look like any of these, not as elegant and slim looking, it came from America so maybe that's why.

dangerousbead

Sparrow what have you got your rods stored in?, that looks neat.

sparrow

Pipes from Wickes, sawn down to size and taped together - not at all neat in real life, LOL  ;D
Sabine x