Slumped handkerchief vessel/vase?

Started by sparrow, January 21, 2008, 06:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fired Silver

Sabine, they're great!!  I've only got a little kiln so I've been trying to work out whether I can get any slumping moulds to fit inside and I think I can make a soap dish!!  Might still give it a go though.

Rebecca

Zeldazog

Oh, Sabine that plate is lurvely - what have you done it in?  The hankerchief looks like float to me but the plate doesn't have the same green tint, so is that float or Bullsye, or something else?

Well done you!

glassworks

oh man, an EXCELLENT idea for playing this weekend with our pearl18!!!!

;D

sparrow

Oooh, thanks everybody. Dawn, they're both float, as far as I know pinched by our tutor from the same greenhouse demolition, they were both 4mm. The mould for the plate was......a plate  ;D a random glazed ceramic one that I found oin the mould stash - there are few 'proper' moulds at this course, mainly household items covered in mould wash or whatever it's called. The tutor says I coud get the plate all shiny if I put devitrifying fluid on it and shoved it back in the kiln, but I might quit while I'm ahead  ;)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

julieHB

Sabine, they are brilliant!!  How exciting to be allowed to do BIG stuff  ;D

Julie
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

sparrow

I know, although inspiration left me a bit this week (there was only 2mm glass to be had, and only small pieces), so I created a random pile of shards for fusing...I'll see how they turn week after next and might be brave enough to drop them through a hole. I also put some rod ends next to each other (cut to same length), and some pieces of my impossibly thick clear rods on end - they fused into (near enough) perfect round cabs  ;D I'll now hunt for a fusing schedule on here and see whether I can make some more - in my own kiln  ;D ;D ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial