Skutt Firebox kiln for sale

Started by Laura S, May 11, 2018, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura S

Selling my beloved Skutt Firebox as I have upgraded to a larger kiln and don't have room for it anymore. It is just under 5 years old and has been a faithful and reliable servant.

There is some wear and tear to the external lid of the kiln, but the firing chamber is in near perfect condition. It measures W65cm x H50cm (70cm with stand) x D65cm, with a firing chamber of 36cm square and 17cm deep. The shelf is 35cm square. It needs to be housed in a space approx 1m square. It weighs approx 55kg, so will need two people to lift it to take away, but it will easily fit in the back of a car, with the seats down.

It fires to a maximum temperature of 870d and costs on average 90p /firing. The easy to use programmer has 3 preset firing programmes and a further 5 (each with 8 segments) that you can customise yourself. It plugs into a normal household socket.

Probably being a bit dim but I couldn't work out how to add pictures, but I can easily send some.

Looking for about £450, but any reasonable offer accepted. Prefer payment via PayPal, but bank transfer fine too. Collection only - I'm based just outside Norwich, but frequently travel to Warwickshire and Essex, so could deliver to these areas. I've also listed the kiln on eBay. (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glass-Kiln-Skutt-Firebox-with-programmer-stand-and-shelf/222973532877?hash=item33ea421acd:g:PuUAAOSwi19a9GAB)

Zeldazog

Hi Laura

Just to let you know that you cannot add photos directly to the forum due to storage capacity - you can insert them from external sources, check out this topic

https://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23036.0

You might want to add the link to your Ebay posting to your post, people can check out the listing that way (and I can also let people know on fusing Facebook groups as well, always looking for kilns over there)

Laura S