Main Menu

Show us your marbles!

Started by garishglobes, February 29, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

I've been asked if we can have a marble thread, so here we are  :D :D

I'll start it off - this is from last year, a space marble with opal. I don't do many at the moment, but when I do, I remember how much fun they are  :)

Space marble by Emma Mackintosh, on Flickr

Lotti

Flipping WOW Emma, fantastic.  Not showing any of mine now ;) :)

flame n fuse

lovely. Lotti would love to see yours.

tuffnell glass

Hi ,
      A rather poor collection of below standards, I need another class with somebody

and no quips about a "Yorkshire " man and flowers please, there are some dichroic vortex in the kiln but I already know they are destined for the bin. Does anybody else get that feeling about bin material before they have even made it to the kiln?

best wishes,
martin

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

garishglobes

It's not what they've bin, it's what they are that counts.

Can't see the others though  ??? 

Steampunkglass

Looking good Emma!  ;D
QuoteA rather poor collection of below standards, I need another class with somebody
and no quips about a "Yorkshire " man and flowers please, there are some dichroic vortex in the kiln but I already know they are destined for the bin. Does anybody else get that feeling about bin material before they have even made it to the kiln?
For some reason the post isn't showing the picture on my pc either Martin, but sounds like I'll have to make a return visit Martin, I thought the marbles you made when I was there looked pretty good, but I was distracted by Teresa's amazing fruit meringue!  ;)
Here's a few from me, although most are from last year too.

last photo has a massive 46.5mm gallxy marble down to 22mm flower marble

tuffnell glass

Hi,

ill try again although I was very happy that the picture never appeared.

Best wishes,
Martin
Tuffnell Glass

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lynnybobs

Lynnybobs
----x----

myrica

Wow, you're all so clever!

Very inspiring  :) .

Arcanaeum

Wow - these are all amazing. Makes me slightly scared to post mine :P
The space one with the opal is really cool - I've been meaning to try something with opals for a while now.
You have nothing to worry about in my opinion Martin, I would definitely not call them below standard! Especially that vortex...
Glenn - that massive dichroic vortex is stunning. The multicoloured effect is something I would love to achieve with my dichroic. Most of the time mine just goes a gold or pale green/off red colour... Perhaps I'm working it too hot, or something.

Anyway! Here's a few of my recent ones (click for fullsize):
Flowers:

Vortex:

My first attempt at gold&silver fuming together. Something went wrong, some contaminant maybe, and I got tons of little bubbles on one patch. Still overall I was really happy - first attempts don't usually go this well!

A strange implosion experiment:

And finally, my favorite type - galaxy:

Sorry about the photo quality. I need to figure out a way of photographing them without having a massive lightbulb in the middle.

tuffnell glass

Hi,
   Love the Vortex, im off to practice more .

Martin

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lotti

I love vortex ones too.  Feel a bit more inspired to show some of mine off, but will have to upload the photos to photobucket, will try to do that later :)  Loving all of them so far.  :) :)

Lotti

tuffnell glass

Love them all Lotti

Best wishes,
Martin

www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lotti