Main Menu

Show us your marbles!

Started by garishglobes, February 29, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcanaeum

Really really nice Lotti - especially the vortexes (vortices?) and the shape of that last flower.

baked glass

I love this post, such a great idea maybe marbles could be an on going theme? 
Thank to everyone for showing their creations, so many cool marbles!  I love the galaxy ones.  How do you get the floating planets? Is it just opals or some other technique?

Here are few I've made over the last year.  I don't seem to have very many photos since I love making them a lot more than trying to work the camera.

not good photos but an attempt at galaxy marbles

rose implosion on a small vase

vortex in small vase

Lotti

Love the Rose and the vases, I made some very wonky vases last year and even had a couple of comissions for them !, but seem to have entirely lost the plot with blowing again and sadly not much time for ppp so they will have to go on the back burner (!) for a bit!

Not a marble really, a small paperweight, a comission for one containing cremains.  It is 43mm in diameter and not entirely round at the back (but feels round!).  Was starting to offer these as part of my work, but they take so long to do and for this one comission have made 5 to get one the lady likes that I have decided NOT to offer these anymore! (hate comissions anyway).  Flipping tricky to photograph too!

tuffnell glass

Hi,
    This was the results from Monday nights fun , I can't decide if I like them or not as to me they aren't really a marble as we think of them today, I don't know what to make of them but they are great fun to make.

Cheers ,

martin
Tuffnell Glass

tuffnellglass@yahoo.co.uk
www.tuffnellglass.com
www.flameoff.co.uk

Lotti

Quote from: tuffnell glass on March 10, 2016, 03:25:18 PM
Hi,
    This was the results from Monday nights fun , I can't decide if I like them or not as to me they aren't really a marble as we think of them today, I don't know what to make of them but they are great fun to make.

Cheers ,

martin
Tuffnell Glass

Love them.  I really struggle with this style, always seem to have too much clear at one end ;) :) They look like good old fashioned marbles to me, lovely :)