gallery archive 16

Started by Moira HFG, January 28, 2016, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moira HFG

No-one? Really?

OK then fresh out of the kiln; a harbinger of summer, called "Mykonos"

Moira  :)

Aruala

Beautiful colours! Blue and yellow is one of my favourite combos.

I made a rainbow of plunged dot beads and loved Amanda Muddimer's cabochon class at Warm Glass (shame about the cracked one, but hey ho!).

Lampwork by Laura Pilon, on Flickr

Lampwork by Laura Pilon, on Flickr

Purplicious

I make these coasters over the Christmas holiday in my SC2 kiln (had to fire them twice, rotating through 180 degrees, in order to get an even fuse) - I'm trying to justify to myself that I "need" to buy a larger kiln so that I can do some fusing as well as beadmaking :)

Kathy

Moira HFG

Spring blues.
I like the way you can see the back of the flowers through the clear beads, they are like lenses!

myrica

Lovely!

I've been playing with boro since before xmas but these are the first things I'm not too embarrassed to show. I previously made mutant icicles and zombie trees; not good!

Fluffstar

Not beads, but been making murrini recently (can I post it? does it count?)  Particularly proud of the cane with the diamond in the middle =)

Kathy

Moira HFG

Lovely beads, and I'm impressed by those murrini, very well executed!

Here's some stuff I've been doing. Some of my rolling-mill made leaves with Bluedini blobs; and a couple of bracelets built around Corinna-type florals. The pic shows before and after treatment with gilder's wax.

Moira  :)

Fluffstar

Sorry for posting twice - I'm just beyond chuffed with my first attempt at an encased murrini bead (using the murrini I showed earlier).  It's not quite doughnut-shaped, and there are a few more bubbles than would be ideal but I love it so much!

Kathy

sofi@

i have made my first faux boro beads!!

mel

Half way through April and no gallery? Here's two hand shaped tabs to get things started.
Blue waves side 1 by Mel, on Flickr

Green swirl side 1 by Mel, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

DementedMagpie

Weather yesterday: gloriously sunny.

Chances of any such weather happening when I'm at home: zero. So had to take the beads to work and go out at lunchtime.

Amount of sunlit horizontal surface suitable for taking pictures, which a) is near work and b) doesn't already have someone's bum parked on it at lunchtime: usually zero. Yesterday, however, I was lucky.

I don't know what I'm going to do with these. I just kind of got distracted from what I meant to do and ended up making rainbowy things. Also apparently wasn't paying attention to which random bit of purple stringer I was using. But they make me happy.

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

mel

Love those jelly fish and the rainbows are lovely too. Here are some large pendants I've been having a go at this month-spot the same cane in both pendants?!

transparent side 1 by Mel, on Flickr

green side 1 by Mel, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

Fluffstar

Lovely summery work everyone! =)  Love the Jellies!

Been having fun with murrini and encased murrini beads - although I think I should maybe invest in some better clear!
Kathy

Fluffstar

It's the 24th and no gallery!  Maybe this should just become June's gallery =)

I made an encased murrini bead I was super proud of this month - it took over three days just to pull all the canes!

Lavender and Olive #1 by Kathy Mather, on Flickr
Kathy