gallery archive 16

Started by Moira HFG, January 28, 2016, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperpottery

Lovely bead. Don't be lonely. I have been playing with enamels.
P1090325 by Avalon Designs, on Flickr

Mars

I don't know if this will work as not shared a photo of my glass before, but this is a glass panel I made at college from my own mould.  It's the first time I've done anything like this at all and I've been really pleased with how it turned out!

Fused Glass Panel
by Mars, on Flickr

I think I might have fallen a bit in love with textured glass :)

mel

Well, bettter late than never......

water by Mel, on Flickr

rainbow by Mel, on Flickr

Goldstone and green by Mel, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

Moira HFG

Here's one from me, just finished.
It's pate de verre, fused then engraved and gilded. Sorry, it's just a quick phone pic!

The Gorgeous Mango

Aruala

Just scraping in to June! I've not been at the torch for ages, but finally managed to find some time to try the fish tutorial from this months Soda Lime Times - my first sculptural bead that is recognisably what it's supposed to be! Does anyone have any tips for stopping silver glass fuming? The bottom bead started out pale grey...

Moira HFG

Jumping straight in this month with a necklace made with 3 new acquisitions: wire twisting pliers, graduated lentil press and Claudia Trimbur Pagel's Glass Bead Trip book.

mel

A couple of faux boro lentils. Photos are rubbish, aren't so brown in real life.

IMG_9730 (2) by Mel, on Flickr

IMG_9724 (2) by Mel, on Flickr

mel

I'm feeling a little bit lonely here.....

but here are some cabs and a couple of beads. although not a pinkyphile myself, I did get a kick when I saw how pink the middle one is.

Triton daisy by Mel, on Flickr

Pink petals by Mel, on Flickr

starbursts by Mel, on Flickr

tomcat

Love that pink, well after a hiatus of a year or two - I have got back on the torch and to make it even more fun I have upgraded from a Hothead to a Nortel Minor and an oxycon, first serious play on the new setup with DH glass, shape is nothing to write home about but hey its a (re) start

Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

DementedMagpie

I'm not really into pink either, but that shimmery fuchsia is beautiful. And whatever that blue DH is, I love the colours.

I have actually a) made some things and b) taken some pictures, finally.
Speaking of colours, I rather like the way this purple's turned out. Also, pleased with the fact that I made a BHB that's not wonky, for a change:

Made a few yellow things lately. Not sure why, since I don't really like yellow, but it was satisfying. Got some pretty decent stripes going on:

And this one's a bit of an experiment. Not entirely successful, but think there may be a Mk2 at some point, with a few tweaks to the design:

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

tomcat

a couple more out of annealing - not cleaned and bad presentation, so apologies for that - need to work on that out of normal work :-)

Intense black webbed over dark ivory

Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

flame n fuse

I've been working on dotty sets, here are a couple
(the purple in the first one is not so bright in real life (I wish it was) - can't figure how to tone it down in either the camera or processing settings)

and although I resized them both in photobucket, and repasted the codes, the first one refuses to downsize. Sorry!

mel

A set of cab-style buttons. Cobalt and pale grey.

faux porcelain by Mel, on Flickr

LampyLou

Hello

I haven't been on here for ages, but then I haven't been making much.  However, I've just been on a weekend course at Mango Beads with Annouk Jasperse and had a brilliant time.  I am so pleased with one bead I made I just have to share.

Annouk inspired. by Julia Thorne, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Julia

cwest

Here is my effort. It turned out much better than I expected and I am very pleased with it. The light wasn't good for the photo so it doesn't show the lovely greeny/blue of the Melia glass and the flower looks better too.

Carolyn