Vetro “show and tell” Competition - Your Resource has been posted in the Wiki

Started by Jolene, January 01, 2008, 02:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolene

Vetrofond "show and do tell" Competition

The Vetro resource is now compiled and published on the net in a printer friendly format.
This link will take you to the page which has both the new Vetro resource and the Efftre resource
which I compiled at the end of last year
Glass Resources

Thank you again for all of your contributions and for your enthusiasm, with special thanks to Quinton of Glassworks for offering such a great prize, to Ingrid for being such a fab winner and selflessly spreading some glassy love and also to Becky for letting me use the picture of her fab-a-roony beadies on my webpage  ;)

And the winner is Brunties Beads
Many thanks to everyone who has taken part, Jo x

As many of you may know, I have been working on putting together a resource document for the forum about Effetre and Vetrofond glass listing their properties and reactions. The Effetre half was fairly easy to research but much less is known and published about Vetrofond Glass. HERE IS WHERE YOU COME IN  ;D

I would like you all to play with your Vetrofond glass and post pictures up here in this thread to be in with a chance of winning a MEGA PACK ODD LOTS PRIZE from GLASSWORKS

How to Enter:
Post up in this thread a picture of your bead and list with it every glass type and colour you have used.

The Prize:
MEGA PACK of VETROFOND ODD LOT GLASS - one rod of every Vetrofond odd lot colour that Glassworks stocks...there are 30 or 40 colours at the moment!!

How to Win:

All names will be put in to a raffle draw and a winner will be selected at random
Closing date is 30/03/2008

The Rules:

All levels of experience are invited to enter
Your bead must be made with Vetrofond glass
You may use Vetrofond with any other type of frit or glass rods as long as the base of your bead is a Vetrofond colour
All glass used must be listed in your entry post
One picture per post please.........you may post as many times as you like
Your name will be entered into the drawer for every bead you post.....the more beads you post in the thread the more chances you have to win.

Important Notice:

All glass colours and types must be listed in your post with your photograph to qualify for the competition draw. The information gathered through running this competition will be will be collected together for the FHF Vetrofond Resource which will be posted at the end of the comp. Lets make it the best vetro resouce on the web!!

Good luck everyone, Jo x

Carol

I'll kick off this one - not the best bead but I love this colour, it goes all swirly all by itself!

Bloody Mary, with a band of vetro clear in the middle & smooshed around a little, vetro clear dots around the top.  :)
Carol

Ilona

I have started to play with my odd lots too.

This one is petrified wood with effetre ivory and ivory stringer. The Ivory looks like it has bleed into the odd lot.

I am off to play with some more now. ;D

Ilona

LesleyMac

These beads are made with Vetrofond Odd Cotton and ASK caramel apple.

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Sarah

Wow! Beautiful beads everyone. OK I'm going to hog but you said to trawl my old photos........

My name is Sarah and I'm addicted to odd lots  :-*

Red jasper with silver wire

Apricot jam with silver wire

Sorry this is a terrible photo  :-[ but its carrot red, watermelon, free range salmon & banana cream with Ask104 Lavender Fields

Poppy red, watermelon, free range salmon

painted desert with silver wire

Jupiter, bloody mary, vet clear & silver foil

Jupiter with swirls made with an aion stringers (the blue dots are the aion)

I think I should stop now before I bore the pants off all of you. But Jo - there are more in my flickr album as I am sad enough to have an odd lots folder here. Let me know if you'd like to use any.

Sarah
xxx

beads-on-toast

Red jasper with silver wire

i bloomin well like these!!! bloomin well ALOT

Sarah

Oh Anna that sunset bead is lovely  :)

Some of them are a bit shocky aren't they - I haven't managed to make anything but frit (scattered all over the floor) out of rhubarb  :-[

One more from me. This isn't for the competition Jo as the base is ask silver cinnamon but the swirls are red jasper and there is a clear reaction between the two. The bumps are psyche. The interesting thing with red jasper is that it looks different when you use it thinly on top of other colours. The colour is much more flat in this bead, for instance, than in the silvered lentils I posted earlier. So if I want the colour variations I use it for the base and add anything else afterwards.

I also just remembered that I had compatibility problems between wasabi and ask silver rattan. Its a real shame because it makes a great base for the land on a landscape or tree bead. But it happened twice (and they are definitely those little hairline cracks) so I abandoned the combination.

Sarah
xxx

afina

Hi!
I also have something to add:
This set was made with marbled avocado and Terra - except the bead with the scrollwork, this was Moretti dk. ivory with nyx.
Regards, Verena
Glasperlenwerk - My bead-site with blog (German) - http://www.glasperlenwerk.at
Vetromagic - Frit and fritblends in COE 104 - http://shop.vetromagic.at

SueP

These probably need to be in the newbie show and tell but they are Vetrofond so from left to right:
1. Lemongrass with efetre ivory and Beadysam yellow iris frit
2. Lemongrass with effetre yellow (not sure which one as not labelled - in starter pack)
3. Just lemon grass and Sam's frit again.

Going to try some more of my sample pack this weekend ;D ;D

*rowanberry*

Gorgoeus!

Another from me:

This is the Jasper, on its own in the lentils, then in the focal it is with Terra, effetre dark ivory and vetrofond ivory. At one end the jasper has turned darker from being lightly duster with terra powder.
Claire

*rowanberry*

and another...

This is Honey Crunch base with only a little Terra powder and ask104 desert chameleon finished off with a terra bubble dot.

Claire

*rowanberry*

and the last for tonight :D

Dark lichen - 2 of them have a stripe of effetre dark ivory, and a touch of SIS - no reaction seemed to happen...
Claire

Clare Scott

Can I play too please?! :)

Sprees made with (starting from the upper tier) Smoke Circles, Painted Desert, Light Jasper, Cosmic Storm (Think I got the names right?!)

Cheers,

Clare xx

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kaz

This is frit on a banana cream base (I love that colour it has a real pinky tinge). I thought these colours looked a bit Clarice Cliffe?
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!