Nose pink suggestions please

Started by babyshoes, February 20, 2015, 09:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyshoes

Tried making ferret face beads yesterday, will have to see what the kiln fairies produce when I go to get them out next week...
I was quite pleased with the shape for a first go, but I think the 2 random pinks I picked up off the bench to do noses with both reacted and went dark...

Those of you who do sculptural work, what 104 pink would you use for an animal nose / pinky flesh tone please? I'm after something fairly bomb-proof in terms of not reacting and changing colour as I waver the bead around in and out of the flame fiddling with other bits...

I generally stick with Effetre for cost reasons, but would buy a small batch of something pricier if it was just what I needed...

Blue Box Studio

I bought Angel Pink at FO last year because (I think) Helen G said it was a good colour for skin tones.  It's a pretty colour but for the life of me why, I don't make sculptural beads!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

the lady with the lamp

What about tonge pink i can send you a couple of rods if you pm me,Parin.

Nicknack

I can never get tongue pink to do anything, except for when I use it as white (lost the name on it!), when it goes all grubby red streaky. >:(

Nick

cbeadies

Butter Pecan is a good flesh tone, but it is CIM, not sure if it is still widely available or not.  I think CIM Ginger might work too although a little darker...but I'm not really sure what shade ferrets' noses are!
I can send a small rod of Butter Pecan if you want to try it, maybe Ginger too but I'll have to check.
:)

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Nicknack on February 21, 2015, 06:04:02 PM
I can never get tongue pink to do anything, except for when I use it as white (lost the name on it!), when it goes all grubby red streaky. >:(

Nick

I know that feeling - OH thought he was helping one day when he put all my 'whites' in the same tube to make space for more glass!
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

babyshoes

Thanks for the suggestions and offers!

I do have tongue pink thanks, never made it do anything other than slightly streaked with off white...

cbeadies, thank you, a tiny sample would be very useful to see if it works before I order a batch. I will pm you!

If I can figure out how to get the photos from my new whizzy phone onto here, I will post my inspiration pics of my fuzzy babies! Their noses do vary a bit in shade, so exact pink wouldn't matter...

Now eyes on the albinos, if I ever find myself brave enough to try making them, are a perfect rubino!