Main Menu

Rubino oro ugly reaction

Started by Irene, February 01, 2015, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irene

This bead had everything going for it, I love the blue tones on the surface, and always wanted to make one With swirls like that, and then I forgot about how absolutely ugly Rubino oro reacts With Clio. I pushed too hard With the Clear stringer making the swirls, and the Clio came in contact With the rubino, underneath a thin layer of Clear. Yuck!

shafeenan

goodness - don't understand a word of that - but I am sure I can't be the only person who thinks it's very pretty...

Trudi

Pat from Canvey

ruth

Looks good to me. What were you hoping it be like?
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Irene

At the top and also a little at the bottom there is an ugly yellow almost an opaque colour. And on the right hand side of the bead the Whole swirl has become this same yellow colour. Also a tiny bit in the center of the swirl to the left. This colour is absolutely not supposed to be there, it should only be beautiful Rubino oro colour as a base colour and the lovely blue and Purple on the Outer layer. That is why I was so frustrated when I saw what had happened, it's the rubino reacting to the Clio. I've seen it before, it has ruined beads for me before. I'll make a New one and be careful not to let the two colours come in contact With each other and it will be Nice I think

Lotti

Might be a silly question, but was there a reason to use Rubino Oro (isn't it quite expensive as a base colour?).  Just wondered?  There are other reds or pinks you would use underneath?

Irene

I like the colour of rubino, and don't have any other transparent colour resembling it. And when I say base colour it is of course visible through the thin layer of Clio on top.  What other glass would you recommend With a Nice raspberry colour, I need to buy some more Clear soon and might as well buy some other colours too.

flame n fuse

reichenbach gold violet is fairly similar to rubino, or perhaps reichenbach pink lady, but I don't know whether they would also react

Irene

well it's my fault anyway, the trick is to not push the stringer in to the glass, but only Connect With the Clio and make the swirl. Also to make sure the layer of Clear outside the rubino covers it completely. I think this will be a Nice focal bead without that nasty yellow.

ruth

O.k. Now you have described what you were aiming for I can understand your disappointment BUT I still think it is a great bead I it's own right.

Ruth
Frittering the children's inheritance.