New studio

Started by Pat from Canvey, December 10, 2014, 10:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

The workmen are currently putting up my new studio in the garden as I type so I'll soon be able to take all my glass stuff from the dining room and lounge. The kids are coming home at Christmas so they'll help with moving the heavy stuff including the SC2 kiln. I've only been waiting since June for the installation date  ::)  ::)  ::) I'll put up pictures when it's finished. I'm having 4 double electric points installed so there'll be plenty of sockets and I think I'm going to buy a unit from Ikea for glass rod storage. I'll finally be able to sort them out into COE's and silver glass so no more mistakes grabbing the wrong rod.

GaysieMay

Brilliant news Pat.  Does this mean you are going to be even more productive?  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Essex Girl

Karen
x

bearyboo

Ooh what great news. Lucky you.

Those storage units from Ikea and the perfect size for storing glass rods. I have two of them myself.

Cant wait to see pictures of the finished studio  ;D

Lynnybobs

Great stuff what a fab christmas pressie !
Lynnybobs
----x----

BeeBeads

Great news, Pat.
Look forward to seeing photos.
I think you'll be spending many an hour out there once it's finished!

lampworklover

Fantastic, so pleased for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished setup.

Blue Box Studio

Wonderful news - somewhere top hide over Christmas whilst they do the washing up?

Which Ikea storage unit?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Madam Steph

Exciting times, Pat.
I will have to take a drive down to investigate :P

Linda xxx

Pat from Canvey

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on December 10, 2014, 11:50:35 AM

Which Ikea storage unit?
I'm thinking of the Nornas bookcase on page 241 or possibly some of the Kallax shelving units on page 243.

fionaess

Curry order at the ready for Christmas Pat ? ;D ;D ;D ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

beadammed

Congratulations Pat. Enjoy your new studio
Geraldine
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/strikingglassstudios

Moira HFG

That's brilliant! I shall put aside pangs of jealousy to wish you well in it, and the blessings of the local kiln fairies!  ;D

Rascal

Am sure it will be worth the wait, very exciting look forward to seeing photos.