Main Menu

What glass is this ??

Started by Skyblue, December 08, 2014, 11:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblue

I have an odd rod of glass that has the number 61 on it , but no other information. Im quite sure it is 104coe glass as it melts quite easily , I made the little birds in the picture with it and would love to know what it is , so as I can try and get some more. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas what it is called. Ive tried to search on google but had no luck. It came in a bundle of about ten rods which I think were maybe samples not sure. Any advice would be appreciated, knowing me, its a common glass and im just being dumb.

I forgot to say , the rod is just plain white and looks like it does nothing special.

Pat from Canvey

These are the images for 595U61. . https://www.google.com/search?q=595U61+White+Aqua+Blue+Flower+Millefiori+Color+Rod&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uJeFVIHMEOXj7Qaqv4H4Aw&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1123&bih=762. Do you think this could be your glass? The colours seem to vary according to how you treat the glass. It's an Effetre limited supply glass as the web seems to say that it comes at the end of a "pull".

Skyblue

Thanks Pat ! yes maybe thats what it is . Its just a plain white rod but then reacts nearer the bottom of the flame.

Purple Cobwebs

This has had me in stitches! I had a rod of that and used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was me burning it when I started to see black bits appear!!!! No matter what I did with it I couldn't get plain white!!!
I really must label my glass!!!
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Dragonfire Glass

I was wondering if it was one of the sample glasses Martin had at Flame Off

Skyblue

Lol Gaynor ! I love it :) It makes me think of old china plates etc... or marble.

Skyblue

Im not sure where it is from to be honest as a family friend bought a big lot of glass , from someone who gave up lampworking. He sold most of it and gave me the last 100 rods or so, that didn't have labels on . Im not sure what half of it is,but am really enjoying trying it all out !