Main Menu

solid stable orange

Started by Hotglass28, July 11, 2014, 10:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotglass28

Right this is driving me bonkers. I need a solid reliable orange opaque for my beaks and toes.

I thought I nailed it and for a long time, I got nice solid orange colour from what I was using.   I thought I was using an effetre orange but it now seems I have gotten totally mixed up with my labels  (again!!)  I blame my visitors that pick up rods look at them and put them in the wrong tube.  :(  Well got to blame some one  ::)

Any suggestions?  I lower my flame heat when applying small quantities of orange but even thats not working   :(

Each time I mess up a beak it ruins the entire piece. Unless I overpaint with low fire enamels, but I want to get it right first time.

HALP
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Hotglass28

might of found the problem, or solution.  CIM pumpkin.   and of course I've just sold all my CIM haven't I.  grrrr.

Lynnybobs

Effetre coral ? Not exactly a true orange as such but would probably look nice for a beak ?
Lynnybobs
----x----

Hotglass28

Might give that a go this afternoon Lynnybobs, its orangey yellow so might work. Or it might just look like dirty beak.

Saying this, I had a lady who bought a carribean green owl with a dirty looking beak. Out of the 50 I had on the table I wasn't expecting that one to go!

going to see if I've got a rouge cim rod around. If not I'm going to go on the beg for one. lol

flame n fuse

pumpkin is nice, but how about effetre apricot?

Dee Dee

I always used Effetre Dark Yellow - don't be put off my the name, it is a light orange to my eyes :)